Review: Golden to Hawaii 14-day 12/6/09

Loralu

Hi Loralu and Shelly - - love your review and your pictures - - you have some absolutely beautiful shots!! It looked like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to go on my Hawaii cruise in November. Have not booked yet, waiting for my sister to decide on the dates as she has decided to go on the cruise with me and my cousin and then she is going to stay at her time-share for two weeks after the cruise. I am pretty sure I had mentioned this before, but then my cousin and I will be staying for about 4 days after the cruise at her time-share. I am so excited about going to Hawaii - - have not been there as yet!!! Hope you are both doing fine - - take care and stay in touch!!!

Pat

Hi Pat - thank you,

Your going to Hawaii ?.. good for you.. I hope you love it as much as we did... Your going with Norwegian? We sailed out of LA - 4 days there - 4 days back.. and I loved having all the sea days.. plus I loved the ship and crew.. I was always busy.. and the time flew by.

Good to hear from you.. did you enjoy Navigator?

Where in Hawaii are you staying POst-cruise? what island?

Happy Cruising

We were alos thinking of renting a car - but the tours worked well for us. the tour was supposed to be about 4 hrs, but ended up being about 5 or a littel more - we had a very informative driver, and stopped at VNP for about 20 min, lava tube about 20 min, beach, steam vents, beautiful photo stops 5-10 min, Mac Nut factory 20-30 min, Big Island Candy Co, 15-20 min, plenty of time to go in sample stuff and make purchases. We saw quite a bit in this time - and I was very pleased. I would definately recommend the tour if its your first time. enjoy!

I almost missed your response...so glad I found it! I wrote down the name of the company (from your pictures) and will look for them. It sounds perfect for us.

Your pictures were fantastic! I can not wait to leave Friday for our cruise on Sunday. It will be our first Princess cruise and the pictures made the ship "real" for me. Thank you!

Neva

thx for the write up...

Did this cruise a yr ago and was happy... great value... its gave me a taste of all the island flavors, ill defiantly be going back to Maui.

BTW watch out on Hilo yall...i got a speeding ticket on the way to VNP in a rental car.

I was going the same speed as a big rickety truck hauling loose crap metal and i was the one the cop chose. :o

I was speeding but i was just thinking in my head "of course they wont pull over a local, over a tourist.

At what point do you sign up for the $20 luggage transfer back to the airport?

I believe it was one of the sea days on our return to LA - we received a flyer in the room that told us about this.. I took the letter to the front desk for more information - and signed up right there at the desk - it was very easy - just need to bring your air reservation information to the desk to do it. I Highly recommend this feature.

Happy Sailing!:D

Friends left on Jan 17th and reported 25 foot waves the first 3 days out. This was the week that Los Angeles also had rain the entire week.

Oh my goodness - that is really rough - we had a little rocking both ways - but nothing too terrible. I think we were really lucky to have the great weather we did.

Yes it was rocky. One of the friends they were traveling with wanted to fly home from Hawaii and not have to do the return. This was suppose to be their dream vacation. LOL They did stay on for the return.

I did the Hawaii trip in April a few years ago and other then the first night we have beautiful weather. It is a great trip. Especially when you don't have to fly. :)

Hi Laura

Glad to see you had a great time in Hawaii. It is beautiful. Happy to hear you enjoyed sailing with Princess.

How successful were you in Trivia?

We're doing a Transatlantic/Western Med. in April. Hopefully, we'll have smooth seas. John has his whistle, just in case. (I don't know what good that will do, but is has become our little joke.

Where are you off to next? Say hi to mom for us.

Linda

Hi there! Great review and just makes me wish that April would hurry up. One question. You stayed at the LAX Marriott and took a tour in LA. Did you have it booked ahead or did they recommend it? How long was it?

Thanks.

Loralu I just looked at your pictures and it was a wonderful way to start my morning. We are taking this cruise in April, our first time out to CA and then Hawaii. I'm going to show my DH your slideshow as soon as we get in from work this evening. I can't wait to see them again.

I do have a question. Other than Hilo, do you remember any private tour companies out at the docks.The one you took in Hilo sounds great and we'll probably go with them since we aren't much for ships tours.

Loralu I just looked at your pictures and it was a wonderful way to start my morning. We are taking this cruise in April' date=' our first time out to CA and then Hawaii. I'm going to show my DH your slideshow as soon as we get in from work this evening. I can't wait to see them again.

I do have a question. Other than Hilo, do you remember any private tour companies out at the docks.The one you took in Hilo sounds great and we'll probably go with them since we aren't much for ships tours.[/quote']

I'd love to know the answer to this to. :D

If the 'View Slideshow!' button above does not work, copy and paste the link below into your browser: http://youngfamily.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album27

Here are my photo's from Hawaii Cruise.

Your pictures are FABULOUS!!! We are on the Golden to HI in mid-March! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Hi Laura

Glad to see you had a great time in Hawaii. It is beautiful. Happy to hear you enjoyed sailing with Princess.

How successful were you in Trivia?

We're doing a Transatlantic/Western Med. in April. Hopefully, we'll have smooth seas. John has his whistle, just in case. (I don't know what good that will do, but is has become our little joke.

Where are you off to next? Say hi to mom for us.

Linda

Hi Linda - Can't wait to hear how the Transatlantic is..tell me all about it when you return.. we are thinking of doing thiw one also. What ship?

We are doing the Carribbean next in April - a reunion cruise of sorts with some great friends made here on this site - Wish we could do the same with you and Cindy.. maybe one day:).

Hi to John.

Hi there! Great review and just makes me wish that April would hurry up. One question. You stayed at the LAX Marriott and took a tour in LA. Did you have it booked ahead or did they recommend it? How long was it?

Thanks.

Actuallyy our bellhop told us about the tour as we were on the way to our room - he helped us to set it all up - we just stopped at the Front dest to make final arrangements - and you dont pay until the end of the tour.

Enjoy!:D

I do have a question. Other than Hilo' date=' do you remember any private tour companies out at the docks.The one you took in Hilo sounds great and we'll probably go with them since we aren't much for ships tours.[/quote']

Gald you enjoyed the pictures.

Yes - I will reply to you later on this one - as I have my information at home - and let you know what other islands had tours available.

Archived