FLL Airport / Jet Blue

sail7seas

Anyone flown out of FLL on Jet Blue been able to curb side check more than one bag per person. In recent past, they made us go into the terminal if we were checking more than one bag each. Still doing that?

Boston's Logan used to do the same but they permitted us to curb check three bags for two people our last trip. Hope that means they are permitting that at all the airports?

How about from your home airport? Do you know if you can check in curbside if you have more than one suitcase per person? If they allow it in other airports, chances are FLL does also.

Thanks if you can help.

Hi Donna. Yes. I think it is a Jet Blue thing. Our last flight in November, they permitted us to check three bags at the curb but it had been a long time since. That is why I am asking if they have changed the policy throughout the company at all airports.

We flew home in November from a different terminal than usual. I never did know the number of the old one let alone this other one. :o Taxi brings us and I get out. Have no clue terminal numbers. :)

We only had two bags so could curb check.

I'm still hoping to learn if more than one bag per person can be curb checked.

We flew home in November from a different terminal than usual. I never did know the number of the old one let alone this other one. :o Taxi brings us and I get out. Have no clue terminal numbers. :)

We only had two bags so could curb check.

I'm still hoping to learn if more than one bag per person can be curb checked.

Sorry, can't help you with the luggage question. We were in Ft. Lauderdale to visit a friend after Thanksgiving and were not going on a cruise so we managed with just carry-on luggage. Thought I'd just mention that the terminal has changed from earlier in the year. :)

We were renting a car (as we always do) and found out things changed when we had to take a bus to the car rental center instead of walking across the bridge from Terminal 1.

I fly Jet Blue frequently and to the best of my knowledge you can check in more than 1 bag per person only at JFK. Everywhere else it is still one ba at a fee of $2.00 a bag. I hope this helps.

Andrea

Thanks, Andrea.. There are changes and that is the reason I keep asking. :)

We were able to check three bags for two people curbside at Boston's Logan in November. We had been refused in the past year or more and had to check them inside the terminal.

Sorry to be such a pest but I really am trying to get an answer.

Thanks for trying to help.

Sorry, can't help you with the luggage question. We were in Ft. Lauderdale to visit a friend after Thanksgiving and were not going on a cruise so we managed with just carry-on luggage. Thought I'd just mention that the terminal has changed from earlier in the year. :)

We were renting a car (as we always do) and found out things changed when we had to take a bus to the car rental center instead of walking across the bridge from Terminal 1.

Thank you, Peter. That is definitely useful info for everyone who flies Jet Blue out of FLL.

jetBlue's website says this about FLL:

Curbside Check In and Skycap

JetBlue is offering Curbside Check-in at Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Once you've checked in at curbside your bags will be taken care of and you can head straight to security.

Please note, there is a $2 fee for curbside check in and is not currently available for international travel.

A random check of other airports showed this for Denver:

kycap and curbside check in

Skycaps are available to assist you with your bags to the ticket counter; however, they are not set up to check you in at the curb.

Not sure if this helps at all. :)

Archived