Where to find Cruise + Air from USA to Istanbul?

New to the board and loving it already!

I'm looking to plan a cruise that includes Istanbul, Kusadasi, plus other ports. Istanbul and Kusadasi are the most important.

I'd also like to have airfare included in the price, from NYC. Does anyone know of online travel sites that have cruise + air as a package?

Thanks!

I'm looking to plan a cruise that includes Istanbul, Kusadasi, plus other ports. Istanbul and Kusadasi are the most important.

I'd also like to have airfare included in the price, from NYC. Does anyone know of online travel sites that have cruise + air as a package?

Thanks!

According to the rules of the board we are not allowed to discuss or post travel agencies/sites.

New to the board and loving it already! I'm looking to plan a cruise that includes Istanbul, Kusadasi, plus other ports. Istanbul and Kusadasi are the most important. I'd also like to have airfare included in the price, from NYC. Does anyone know of online travel sites that have cruise + air as a package? Thanks!

Since you are in the Dallas area, there should be lots of good to excellent travel agents there in that area. The key is not just getting an OK or "average" travel agent. Go for the "best", especially someone with real experience in Europe and those great areas of Istanbul, Kusadasi, etc. There are Internet options available, but in many cases, they don't really save you that much over a "real agent" who knows first-hand about those areas. I'd do a Google search with the terms "Dallas travel agent certified" and talk to several different people. Ask specific questions and find out if they have been there and where they have traveled recently. Ask if they have any certification. Free cruise air sounds good, but it might or might not save that much. What type of price range and quality of cruise line are you seeking? Keep asking questions. Don't be shy!!! There are lots of cruise options in this area. A good travel agent can save lots of time and get the right fit for your personal needs and interests.

Below are a few visual samples for what you can enjoy in Istanbul. THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Our first views of Istanbul from our docked ship:

1A-Istanbul-Harbor.jpg

Istanbul’s famed Blue Mosque on the inside:

1A-Istanbul-BlueMosque.jpg

Remember the James Bond film? Here’s the underground cistern of Istanbul:

1A-Istanbul-Cistern.jpg

Night view of Istanbul:

1A-Istanbul-NightMosq.jpg

Outside of the Blue Mosque:

1A-Istbul-BlueMosqExt.jpg

Hagia Sophia, the former patriarchal basilica, later mosque, now a museum in Istanbul:

1A-Istbul-Hagia-Sophia1.jpg

Thanks!

Welcome to the board. You will find lots of great information here.

BUT -- for such a broad general question as this absolutely the best advice I can give you is to find a good local Travel Agent who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor (look for the agent's diploma on the wall, not just an agency sticker). Ask your friends and co-workers for a recommendation. The service is entirely free to you. ACC's are trained to find the very best cruise for you, after learning your personal situation and preferences, and work hard to get you the very best rate.

Once you have that basic information then this board can be very helpful to you in choosing a particular itinerary and selecting shore excursions and so on. But no single poster on this board has all the information that a well trained TA does about your basic question.

Here are a couple of examples of cruises we loved that included both Istanbul and Kusadasi:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/med.html

http://www.bully4.us/blacksea.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived