Summit Aft Balcony question

msiowa

I'm hoping to book a category 1 aft-balcony for an Alaskan cruise next summer (2005). Something someone wrote on this board a few weeks ago got me wondering . . . are these balconies totally covered, half-covered, or uncovered? Do different aft balconies have different amounts of covering?

Thanks!

Joanie

On the 9th deck they are 100% covered. They are about 90% covered on the 8th deck and 80% covered on the 7th deck.

In other words, on the lower decks you have a better chance of catching some rays on your balcony than you do on the 9th deck.

You must be thinking about the corner cabins, which are Family View. They are the last cabins on each side, and they do have exposed balconies.

The aft cabin balconies in between the ends are completely covered on the 9th deck. I stayed in 9201 last year; loved the CC perks and the big balcony, but I was bothered by the noise and wish that the balcony got some sun.

We had cabin 7203 on the Vista deck (7). I remember it as being about 60% covered. I'm not trying to be picky here. It was a beautiful veranda and we had our choice of sun or shade on most days. Loved it.

Zenith from Jacksonville

Feb. 13 05

As I have posted before, it really depends on time of day & direction of ship, you can get the full range from full shade to full sun on those aft balconies! It just "depends"!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Just got back from Summit, & stayed in FV # 7199--corner aft. Just booked same cabin for Feb 2005 Infinity--S. America. I can't say enough good things about that cabin. Depending on the time of day & direction of ship is how the sun flows. You could take your choice each day of sun or shade. Tons of space for your clothes. Everything about that cabin was perfect. In the evening you can hear the guitar player while sitting on your deck--watching the wake & drinking. Or did I just imagine the music? Rm. service was impeccable. One morn. I ordered scrambled eggs instead of the usual poached & they called me back to verify that no mistake was made on the order. Jean

I'm glad to hear that the balconies are partically covered. Depending on sun (and rain) I like to have a choice. I was concerned by something someone said that they were totally covered. I don't think I'd like that.

So as soon as the 2005 itineraries are posted (does anyone know when??) I'll be trying to snag an Aft balcony!! Wish me luck!

Thanks everyone!

Joanie

Msiowa:

Please note that BJMJ is referring to corner FV cabins. There are only two of these on each deck (one on each side) and they are approximatley 300 per person more than other aft balcony cabins. However, these cabins are larger with two couches and sliding divider between sleeping area and living area.

I did catch the fact he was referring to the FV cabins, which we will not have. But above others said that, especially on Vista Deck, the Category 1 aft balconies are also only partially covered. I hope that's true.

Thanks!!

Joanie

It is true. Deck seven has more space uncovered than eight and deck nine is covered. Even though the balcony is covered, when the sun is at a lower angle in the sky you still can get plenty of sun even on the balconies that are covered.

Archived