Tips for first P&O cruise Apr 10, please

JoPublic

Hello

We are sailing on Oceana out of Southampton, this is our first P&O cruise.

Interested in knowing if there is any inside information on what is free to use/discounts.

Been on other lines but have not always known what to do or use.

Also interested in if there will be a roll call for this cruise- 4th April 10 is when we are sailing out.

Thanks in advance,

Jo:)

By what do you mean Free to use?? Regards discounts they are usually available for things like Spa treatments on Port Days, look in your Horizon Magazine and the flyers delivered to your cabin.

Other things that are free to use are the gym, swimming pools etc.

Maybe a little more of a clue to what you expect, but as far as tips go take an extention lead for all yoiur electrical stuff, sockets are few. Also try the P&O website , quite a bit of info there, you will have two formal nights a week the rest will be smart casual.

By what do you mean Free to use?? Regards discounts they are usually available for things like Spa treatments on Port Days, look in your Horizon Magazine and the flyers delivered to your cabin.

Other things that are free to use are the gym, swimming pools etc.

Hiya LEESRE

I am interested in knowing if there is a free relaxation area you can use onboard - like on Costa Classica - Hot tubs, steam room (Turkish Bath) and a lovely windowed lounge area were Free of Charge but within the Spa area?

NCL do a think with the speciality glasses - if you keep the glass all cocktails are charged at a refill price - saving £2 per drink over the cruise. We only learned this on our second NCL cruise but will be using this again to reduce the final bill at the end.

Anyone use the drinks packages and fine them of good value?

Thanks Jo

Maybe a little more of a clue to what you expect, but as far as tips go take an extention lead for all yoiur electrical stuff, sockets are few. Also try the P&O website , quite a bit of info there, you will have two formal nights a week the rest will be smart casual.

Hiya Johnthed0g

Thanks - would you know if there is an alternative dining for the formal nights- teenage sons don't like the dressing up.

And good shout on the extension lead- had one within our last cruise and really helped out, as everyone has something they need charged during the trip.

KR

Jo

Hiya LEESRE

I am interested in knowing if there is a free relaxation area you can use onboard - like on Costa Classica - Hot tubs, steam room (Turkish Bath) and a lovely windowed lounge area were Free of Charge but within the Spa area?

NCL do a think with the speciality glasses - if you keep the glass all cocktails are charged at a refill price - saving £2 per drink over the cruise. We only learned this on our second NCL cruise but will be using this again to reduce the final bill at the end.

Anyone use the drinks packages and fine them of good value?

Thanks Jo

On Oceana there is a free Ladies and Gents sauna and steam room, which are in the spa area. The hot tubs are just up a few steps from the changing rooms again FOC. Also the pool. No windowed louunge though in the spa.

Regards drinks they are very reasonable on P&O in my opinion and they don't charge the 15% gratuity which brings the bar bill down. Never known about keeping the glass on P&O. They do have drink packages onboard for wine at dinner etc.

Hiya Johnthed0g

Thanks - would you know if there is an alternative dining for the formal nights- teenage sons don't like the dressing up.

And good shout on the extension lead- had one within our last cruise and really helped out, as everyone has something they need charged during the trip.

KR

Jo

There are alternative dining on formal nights like the buffet area. Others like Cafe Jardin the dress code for the evening is usually observed.

Hi LEESRE,

Thanks for you information and will look on P&O's site about drink package. Didn't realise the 15% wasn't charged on drinks so that is good news, heard P&O were good on pricing. When on Costa Classica it was nearing a fiver per pint and we were glad we did all - inclusive for that trip.

Glad to hear there is a free steam room and pool as well.

KR and Happy New Year.

ok here is what i found on our mini Ventura cruise.

The use of the pool, hot tubs and common public areas are free to use. Spa treatments are at an extra cost as per the norm on all cruises.

Drinks are incredibly well priced, they do a cocktail of the day which is normal a few £'s under the normal charging price. always good to open up the cocktail experience i think :D

As for dining: a 1 week cruise will consist of 2 formal nights and the rest of smart casual. On the formal nights the dress code is done by all passengers. I did email P&O on the question that if you did not wish to dress to the occasion of the night and went to the self service may you dress in casual/smart casual. the responce i got was that the dress code of the night must be worn from 6pm onwards. But i personally over came this by dressing up for the formal night and then going back to my cabin to get changed in to casual clothing and went to the bar where the dress code is not enforced. I didn't get to see if you could go into the self-service in casual clothing but i did see a few children in casual clothing around the ship on the formal night. But i honestly think nothing is wrong with seeing a young man in a nice suit, and the young girls love dressing up anyway :)

Have a talk with him as the food in the main dining room is fantastic!

CK x

Archived