hawaii car rentals

Joshua1

We've got all our cars rented in every port, but are now thinking of renting a convertible as a treat in one location.

Which port would be the best for that?

If you plan to do the Road to Hana, in Maui, I think I would do it there.

There is overnight parking in a part of the lot at the nearby shopping area, which is only a couple of blocks from the outside of the pier area. It is not free and there are a finite number of spots available. They sell parking overnight parking passes, but you have to get one fairly early in the day because once the passes are sold out for the day/night that's it. We paid $10 for one, which we bought at about 11 am. We got one of the last ones that day.

beachchick

Beachchick, could you please give me the name of of the shopping center and/or the name of the store or a contact for getting the overnight parking pass in Kaua'i? Mahalo, Patric.

Beachchick, could you please give me the name of of the shopping center and/or the name of the store or a contact for getting the overnight parking pass in Kaua'i? Mahalo, Patric.

Sorry, I can't. I don't remember exactly where it was, but it was at the shopping center/area close to the pier (about a block up). I can't remember exactly where we had to go or how we got the pass. It's been 3 years since our Hawaii cruise; unfortunately, my brain can't seem to dredge up the details.

beachchick

We parked at the Aloha Marketplace which was just around the corner from the street you go down to get to the pier. They had limited parking and you had to get the parking pass early in the morning or the spots were gone. They did had a security guard after hours and the cars were packed in on the lot, the grass, everywhere. The cost was $10 in 2008. This location was also a scooter rental.

I have not heard a lot about this parking area on the boards this year, so maybe someone going or has just been can add to this information. Or maybe information would be available by calling the cruise terminal at Nawiliwili Harbor.

Archived