9 Ships in port - photo

gtaylor

Thanks for the great pictures. What and where is Monte Vista and how do we get there? What a great photo stop. And just out of curiosity what's with all the pictures of the buses (I'd do a smiley face here if I knew how)? What would have been interesting is if they had the price of gas.

Cathy

Thanks for the great pictures. What and where is Monte Vista and how do we get there? What a great photo stop. And just out of curiosity what's with all the pictures of the buses (I'd do a smiley face here if I knew how)? What would have been interesting is if they had the price of gas.

Cathy

Monte Vista is the cluster of small villas on the top of the hill overlooking the pier and the harbor, dead center in this picture. Most people get there by taxi or tour (drive if you rent a car). I suppose you could walk, but it would be quite a climb.

The bus pictures were in response to someone asking how they could identify a bus. I happened to be on-island at the time so I took some 'example' pictures.

Re: price of gas, see this thread.

Thanks Gary. It would be wonderful to wake up in one of those villas every morning and have that view. If I read correctly, and gas is only $2.49, then that's got to be close to what you pay in California - isn't it? I know gas is high out there. Where I live it's in the $1.80's now. Again thanks.

Cathy

Thanks Gary. It would be wonderful to wake up in one of those villas every morning and have that view. If I read correctly, and gas is only $2.49, then that's got to be close to what you pay in California - isn't it? I know gas is high out there. Where I live it's in the $1.80's now. Again thanks.

Cathy

Here's another shot showing the relative locations of the pier and Monte Vista (and downtown) from Airliners.net. MV is the area with circular streets under the wing.

Here is a 360 degree view from Vista Royale @ Monte Vista (available for rent on your next trip to St. Maarten from $1,365/week).

Gary

Gas in Sacramento was as high as $2.30 for the good stuff, noticed today at Costco that regular was $1.69.

:) yes thank you for that wonderful pic...........impressive most impressive! what a sight..........big old parking lot of cruise ships..............that many in port and i believe i will stay on the ship and enjoy it!! i am on caribbean princess feb5th........woohoo cant wait!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived