Looking for local food

geovet

Pancho's backyard. It's at the end of the strip behind Los Cinco Soles. You walk away from the pier with the sea to your left. It's a about 3/4 mile walk from the pier where Carlos and Charlie's is. You can definitely walk it, but I'd take a cab back after a couple of the margaritas:eek: I had to practically carry my wife back a few years ago.

Pancho's backyard. It's at the end of the strip behind Los Cinco Soles. You walk away from the pier with the sea to your left. It's a about 3/4 mile walk from the pier where Carlos and Charlie's is.

With all due respect, none of those places are "good local food" the OP is looking for.

La Choza is a good choice.

Many of the choices on Christi's list might meet your needs ----> http://www.bluextseadiving.com/restaurants.php

Any recommendations for goof local food. I'm not looking for the big name places. Maybe a small resturant off the main road.

If you're heading toward the south beaches, there's Caletitas just before you get to the Lighthouse around Paradise Beach.

If you're driving up the East side, Bob Marley's has good conch salad. Playa Bonita has good seafood too.

If you're in town, Christy's list as linked by Bruce R is the ticket. If just two of you Kinta's could work. Or Plaza Leza on the north side of the square. Any larger crowd La Choza or Casa Denis would have more room. Just want a snack? Try Los Otates tacqueria on Calle 3 and Avenida 15 Sur. Open air stand frequented by locals.

Archived