Riverwalk streetcar to port?

galliegirlie

A cab would be a lot easier. Without going into all of the details, you would have to walk more than half the distance anyway, from the stop on Poydras to the stop at Julia Street to the terminal. Not a bad walk unless you are carrying luggage.

The cab fare is a flat $7 per person to the terminal, the last time I checked. You could save a few bucks by having one person take the cab with the luggage and the others walk.

Will the Riverwalk Streetcar drop you off near the port? We are staying at the DoubleTree near Harrah's, so I was wondering if the streetcar was a better option than a cab.

From the DoubleTree it wouldn't be worth it to take the Riverside streetcar. You could take the Canal streetcar to the river, but then you'd have to transfer to the Riverside one because the Canal streetcar goes the other way along the river. From there it would only be one or two stops to the stop close to the terminal. I'd either walk or cab it - depending on luggage.

• 6 months later...

What we are planning on doing, is My husband is going to drive us (5 in the family) to the port. Then he will drive back and park at the hotel and pay a $7 taxi ride for just him. We dont mind waiting at the terminal for him to get there, if we can save close to $50-$70, its worth it.

What we are planning on doing, is My husband is going to drive us (5 in the family) to the port. Then he will drive back and park at the hotel and pay a $7 taxi ride for just him. We dont mind waiting at the terminal for him to get there, if we can save close to $50-$70, its worth it.

You will still save, but I think the taxi fare for one person to the port is $10 or so, and $7 or so pp for 2 or more people. There is a max of 5 in a taxi, even though a lot of the taxis are Suburbans.

Archived