11 am flight

marjmy

I am considering booking an 11 am flight out of Ft. Lauderdale for our April cruise, do you seasoned cruiser feel this is doable, it will save us 400.00 if we can do this as opposed to a 1:45 booking. Tell me what you think!!!

thanks

MArjorie

I would not recommend a flight prior to 1:00 PM.

We returned from the Caribbean Princess and flew out of FLL last month. It was an 11:30 AM flight and we arrived in time, but it was stressful.

There are so many variables in debarkation. Just my humble opinion.

My last two cruises out of FLL we had a Noon flight and a 1:00 PM flight. We would have never made an 11:00 AM Flight. We barely made the noon flight. That's why the next time I booked us at 1:00 PM and we did make it and had time to spare. While I don't like waiting in airports, I too don't want the stress of almost not making the airplane.

IMHO, you could only do an 11:00 AM flight if you DEMAND early debarkation and make sure you get the white early debarkation tags and have a private service limo waiting just for you to take you to the airport.

Anne Maria

As I've written so many times before, there are soooo many things that can impede your getting off the ship early. On some of my cruises we've had non-US citizens not reporting to Immigration until they were physically taken there by security and we didn't start getting off the ship until 9:45, another time there weren't enough Customs workers, and we didn't start getting off the ship until nearly 10. Then you have to find your luggage, go through Customs, find your transportation, drive to the airport, struggle with all the other passengers from all the other cruise ships that are leaving the same day as you, stand in a long line to check your bags, stand in another long line for security and then make it to the gate. ALL cruise lines clearly state that passengers should not make airline departures before 12 noon.

Okay, now I'm getting nervous. :eek:

We booked an 11:35am flight out of FLL after our cruise. We're on the Century, which will actually clear customs in Key West the day before. It was my understanding that you can just "get off" the ship in FLL (We are due to arrive at 7am)

Should I start worrying about making the flight, or will we be okay? We're staying in a suite, so we can also request early disembarkation.

I have never had an issue with an early flight out of FLL. I have had flights out as early as 10am and never had a problem.

Just remember to fill out your disembarkation forms early, so you get off the ship in the 1st group. It's only a 10 minute cab ride.

I have sailed out of FLL at least 10 times and have always been at the airport just after 9am. However, a word of warning. After 10am, if there is 5 or 6 ships in, then getting checked in (at any airline) and going through security takes hours. Prior to 10am, you're fine.

Archived