Found ring 12/23/2009 Georgetown, Grand Cayman

Commandrea

While on our stopover at Georgetown, I happened to find a woman's ring on a table the little food stand serving turtle stew, conch stew, fish escoviche, etc. nearby the port.

The problem is that while I was on the Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), there were a couple of other ships, including Carnival, at the port with us so the ring could have belonged to someone on any of the cruises. Also, it could belong to someone from Georgetown, but I am hoping that it did belong to a cruiser. It looks sentimental and I am on a mission to find its owner.

If you know anyone who lost a woman's ring while on the 12/23/2009 stop at Georgetown, please email me at Commandrea@gmail.com-

I will need a detailed description, but as a guide, there are hearts on the ring.

I will repost this on other threads. Please help spread the word.

Wow..this is so nice and thoughful of you! Hope you find whoever it belongs to. I have a ring that I NEVER take off that is my Grandmothers wedding ring and I can not imagine how upset I would be.

I am glad we have great people like you in the world:)

Wow..this is so nice and thoughful of you! Hope you find whoever it belongs to. I have a ring that I NEVER take off that is my Grandmothers wedding ring and I can not imagine how upset I would be.

I am glad we have great people like you in the world:)

Totally agree, a very nice thing to do. I hope you find the owner.

OP: Nice thought but, Posters here make up less than 1% of passangers on cruise ships. What if the person who lost the ring returned to the stand to get their ring back? I think that you should have left the ring where it was or given it to the owner of the food stand. Tourist in the Bahamas are not just off of cruise ships. This is just my opinion, others may vary.

While on our stopover at Georgetown, I happened to find a woman's ring on a table the little food stand serving turtle stew, conch stew, fish escoviche, etc. nearby the port.

The problem is that while I was on the Voyager of the Seas (Royal Caribbean), there were a couple of other ships, including Carnival, at the port with us so the ring could have belonged to someone on any of the cruises. Also, it could belong to someone from Georgetown, but I am hoping that it did belong to a cruiser. It looks sentimental and I am on a mission to find its owner.

If you know anyone who lost a woman's ring while on the 12/23/2009 stop at Georgetown, please email me at Commandrea@gmail.com-

I will need a detailed description, but as a guide, there are hearts on the ring.

I will repost this on other threads. Please help spread the word.

Good luck hope you connect with that person who lost it...yes we may only be 1% but just about everyone I've met on a ship knows of CC and have vistited the boards they just don't post. You never never know the person who lost it may check in to locate it.

I completely disagree with traveler353! There is a great chance if the ring was found by someone else or "turned in" it would be gone forever! This gives the lost ring a chance to make it back. Very thoughtful poster! Word of mouth can travel fast...good luck!

I applaud the effort, but as noted, we're only a tiny minority of cruisers.

I would recommend notifying the cruiselines that had ships in port. If you inform Carnival as well as RCI (and the others), then if someone checks with them to see if anything was turned in to Lost & Found, there might be some chance of connecting with the owner.

I agree that perhaps an email (forwarded through the Cruise Line) to the ships in port that day (and to the Lost and Founds for each particular cruise line) may help.

Thanks for taking the time and effort.

ALSO...post it on any ROLL CALLS for the ships that were in port that day!!!!!!!

Off topic but related....years ago my boss lost his class ring scuba diving in Grand Cayman.

15 years later....he got a phone call to verify they had the right person...and received it in the mail.

someone else was scuba diving and found it....tracked the name engraved inside, high school and year graduated back to him!!!

I applaud the effort, but as noted, we're only a tiny minority of cruisers.

I would recommend notifying the cruiselines that had ships in port. If you inform Carnival as well as RCI (and the others), then if someone checks with them to see if anything was turned in to Lost & Found, there might be some chance of connecting with the owner.

I've done all of this- also I heard Costa was in port that day. Any others maybe? I think I found it around 3pm...

I agree that perhaps an email (forwarded through the Cruise Line) to the ships in port that day (and to the Lost and Founds for each particular cruise line) may help.

Thanks for taking the time and effort.

ALSO...post it on any ROLL CALLS for the ships that were in port that day!!!!!!!

Off topic but related....years ago my boss lost his class ring scuba diving in Grand Cayman.

15 years later....he got a phone call to verify they had the right person...and received it in the mail.

someone else was scuba diving and found it....tracked the name engraved inside, high school and year graduated back to him!!!

That's awesome luck for your boss! My grandmother lost a really nice wedding ring somewhere in the Caribbean years and years ago. Too bad it wasn't engraved! But it was also a pretty fat rock so...

Off to post on the Roll Calls- good idea, thanks!

Another suggestion.. contact the Grand Cayman Tourism bureau in port.. they probably have a lost and found...

Perhaps the person that lost it left their contact info with them..

Just a thought

http://www.caymanport.com/

http://www.caymanport.com/contactus.php

http://www.caymanislands.ky/

Just emailed them too- thanks for the suggestion.

I would be very sad to lose a ring. Every ring I own has great sentimentality attached. If I lost one, I would go through every avenue to make sure, everyone knew who I was and what I lost. Depending on its worth and sentimental value you may get lucky and find the owner [who will search, as I would to find it.]

The odds are pretty slim but stranger things have happened.

Let us know if it does get claimed, that would be wonderful!

That ring could be ours. It was 1k or was that a 2k we purchased? It had harts or was it hats? It was size 7 or was it size 9. It cost $500.00 or was it $5000.00? We stopped at Senior Frogs or was it Carlos and Charlies? Was it in Cozemel or Grand Cayman? If you can't find the owner I'll give you $10.00 for it if you pay the postage to send it to me.........I think I had a good time...........:D

;)

That ring could be ours. It was 1k or was that a 2k we purchased? It had harts or was it hats? It was size 7 or was it size 9. It cost $500.00 or was it $5000.00? We stopped at Senior Frogs or was it Carlos and Charlies? Was it in Cozemel or Grand Cayman? If you can't find the owner I'll give you $10.00 for it if you pay the postage to send it to me.........I think I had a good time...........:D

Don't play with my heart :) I read the first sentence then...

I'm posting this as a note to myself and for others who might have more ideas of where I can post to in hopes of finding the owner of the ring.

Cruise Critic:

Message Boards- Royal Caribbean, RCI Roll Call, Carnival, Costa

I don't know the Roll Call names/dates of the correct ships for Carnival/Costa- Docked at Georgetown Wednesday 12/23/2009. Help?

Craigslist:

Caribbean- Lost and Found (search and post)

Houston/Galveston- Lost and Found (search)

Grand Cayman Police Email

Grand Cayman Tourist Bureau Email

Customer Service Email

Carnival, Costa, Royal Caribbean

LostMyRing.com

OP: Nice thought but, Posters here make up less than 1% of passangers on cruise ships. What if the person who lost the ring returned to the stand to get their ring back? I think that you should have left the ring where it was or given it to the owner of the food stand. Tourist in the Bahamas are not just off of cruise ships. This is just my opinion, others may vary.

I agree. The ring should have been left at the stand with the owner in Georgetown, GC. Believe it or not there were probably more land tourist on the island (due to bieng one of the largest dive destinations in the world) than passangers from ships in port.

Although the "OP" had and has good intentions the decission to take the ring was in my opinion not the best.....The lady who has lost the ring might have walked back to that stand two minutes after the "OP" left looking for it......

I agree. The ring should have been left at the stand with the owner in Georgetown, GC. Believe it or not there were probably more land tourist on the island (due to bieng one of the largest dive destinations in the world) than passangers from ships in port.

Although the "OP" had and has good intentions the decission to take the ring was in my opinion not the best.....The lady who has lost the ring might have walked back to that stand two minutes after the "OP" left looking for it......

Agreed on all points... same thing is going on at the RCI board. There were over 10,000 cruise ship pax in port that day. Who knows whether the owner of the ring was a cruise ship pax, a local, an employee, a business traveler or a tourist who came to the Caymans via air or other travel means?

OP did I believe have good intentions, but horrible execution. OP can't give a name or address for the establishment. OP also will not explain what he/she will do with the ring if not reunited with its owner. :confused:

To turn it into the establishment would leave one with a clear mind and avoid the drama of a world wide web hunt for the owner of a ring (according to OP) of little monetary value. I just don't get it and don't understand the flaming of people with different points of view. :confused:

Agreed on all points... same thing is going on at the RCI board. There were over 10,000 cruise ship pax in port that day. Who knows whether the owner of the ring was a cruise ship pax, a local, an employee, a business traveler or a tourist who came to the Caymans via air or other travel means?

OP did I believe have good intentions, but horrible execution. OP can't give a name or address for the establishment. OP also will not explain what he/she will do with the ring if not reunited with its owner. :confused:

To turn it into the establishment would leave one with a clear mind and avoid the drama of a world wide web hunt for the owner of a ring (according to OP) of little monetary value. I just don't get it and don't understand the flaming of people with different points of view. :confused:

Hi there ;) fancy meeting you here....why do you care so much what happens to the ring? Just curious.

Archived