Silver Moon Catamaran in Barbados v. Eli eco tour in Antigua

JillB

Jodi,

Thanks for your comments, and a kind word. It seems as though some think that there has to be an ulterior motive for someone if they recommend someone or something. I guess that's the way it is with a lot of people.

Anyhow, I guess some just feel that I had some reason other than wanting them to enjoy the excursion, and get to meet Eli. He loves his island so much, I just wanted to share that with others. I hope I haven't hurt him more than I tried to help.

But, it seems my posting on here is causing too many to question my motives, so, I will not post on here for the foreseeable future.

Jodi, thanks for telling me about Eli, and I will definitely go with him again the next time I am in Antigua.

If anyone has a question I can answer, and don't think I will get a kick back for it (I won't know when you are sailing), you can e-mail me at:

edgarnjacque at aol dot com.

HOLY DRAMA... relax a little bit, I think you are taking things a little too litterally :)

Texed.....I have booked Eli for November.

Jodi...If you are referring to me joking with Texed about being Eli's brother, manager, or getting a hefty commission....then you must have missed "(Big LOL"). I have teased Tex about this and other things on these forums for the last two years. He knows I am teasing him. He always signs up for a ship and then when he hears I'm on it he jumps ship and heads back over to Celebrity. One of these days I'm gonna surprise him and show up on his Celebrity ship. LOL (Sorry if I offended either one of you. I love reading other peoples thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. here. ) You guys praise Eli the way I rave about Golden Eagle and America's Cup.

Based on all the great feedback on both, I booked both for this August!!!

BTW - It is thanks to all the great people who have taken wonderful excursions and have shared those experiences with all of us that I have found so many wonderful excursions on my cruises. Keep posting!!! Thanks!!!

I am doing both Eli's tour and Silver moon back to back in April. They both soundes so fantastic, that we decided to go for both!! These are our only booked excursions for the entire week. The rest of the days will be less expensive.

I'll report back to let you know how it went.:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did not do Eli Tour but have friens that did the tour with Holland Line and loved it. We did Silver Moon and loved it. The boat is new and crew very professional, gear provided. The turtles are very large and I was a bit imtimidiated by them but had a great day. The boat is not overcrowded as many of the ship tours. :cool:

We will be sailing on the Adventure of the Seas in August and am very interested in the two tours that you have been speaking of so highly,

Eli's in Antigua and Silver Moon in Barbados. How do I find more information about these two tours, and contact info to make reservations? Thanks.

Tracy

• 2 weeks later...

We did Eli's in early Feb. and we loved it!! My husband was skeptical, as he is with everything, but he came back singing the praises of Eli and his team. Eli really loves his island and gives the best tour.

If you are thinking about going on Eli's Eco Tour, you may need to book early. We tried booking a month out and he was already full! I was disappointed. But we are trying Antigua Seafari and it sounds wonderful also. We always manage to have a great time whatever we do!

Just returned from Celebrity's Constellation, and based on the info on this board we did both Silver Moon II in Barbados(Tues)and Eli's Eco-tour in Antigua (Thurs). I honestly can not tell you which was my favorite. Other than the fact that you snorkle on both trips, they are really different tours. The food, as well as the crew, were fantastic on both tours. ON Silver Moon, we snorkled with the turtles, over a shipwreck, and then I think another stop. The captain, Ben, pointed out several points of interest and was happy to answer questions. Eli's tour made several stops to point out places of interest. He told us a lot about the habitat of the island, what types of wildlife were around, how the barrier reef was important, etc. We took a hike on Bird Island (great view from the top), went to Hell's Gate, where we had a choice of 3 or 4 things to do, including going into a cave, then stopped for a snorkeling opportunity. I would do both tours again, in a minute. I don't think you will be disappointed and back to back days will not be a problem. Have a great time!

Becky

Can anyone tell me how to fax to SM/Ocean Adventures? I have their fax # but when I try dialing I get a "fast busy signal". What am I doing wrong? Do I need to dial 1 first or just start with the 011-246-438-3650? I have tried it both ways and can't get it to work. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

We did both Eli and Silver Moon 10/2004. I would recommend only doing Silver Moon compared to Eli. Silver Moon was first class service. Eli felt like a cruise ship excursion. We was over booked, had a boat load of people and we went almost 2 hours in the sun with nothing to drink. Eli's was not worth the $$ in my opinion. But I would do Silver Moon again!

I just returned from doing Eli's and Silver Moon back to back. They are very different from each other. Eli's tour is more of an eco tour. Cave climbing, snorkeling, island history, absolutely great tour. It was the highlight of our trip. The Silver Moon is a snorkeling tour. Clean boat, nice crew. If I could only do one I would pick Eli's hands down!! Any questions? Fire away....

Twostacys, how many people were on your boat? I thought Eli always tried to limit to less than about 30 people? I'm sure he would have given you a drink had you asked for it. I found him to be a true gentleman and a great host.

We did Eli's in 2003 and have it booked again for this June. We also had such an enjoyable time with him that we were disappointed when it was over. I'm looking forward to taking my 12 year old this time.

I've booked a trip with Eli in June due to all the wonderful reviews he has received here as well as on Trip Advisor. I can't wait to go!

I was wondering, does anyone have a recommendation for a cat in St. Lucia? No one seems to be answering questions about cat cruises in that forum.

Just did both of these tours back-to-back. Silver Moon is an intimate sailing/snorkle day-sail with no more than 12 people on the cat. Eli's tour takes a larger number of people and they use a 52 foot power cat. (Eli wasn't actually on the boat the day we took the tour)

Both tours take place on the water but beyond that they are each in a class of their own. DW and I enjoyed both and were very glad we took both.

If you could only afford to do one vs both, I would do Silver Moon.

St. Lucia cat excursions. I really didn't sea anything offered there other than what was listed through the ship. One of those 50-75 passenger party cats.

Archived