Negative Dream reviews - Bogus?

Uncle Deane

I sailed On the Dream 12/12/09, this was our first cruise for all 12 of us. I thought the food was great. Sure the Lineups at the gathering were a little long but only at the mongolian wok. Staff were amazing! We loved the dancing in the street show and the late night comedians were great also. Sure we heard some people complain about lineups and service and when I asked them if they had sailed before most responded "many times". So when hearing that I realized damn my next cruise should be beyond beleive if they concider this week bad. The only draw back was we spent the following week at Disney World and it just couldn't match up to our cruise. lol

hi--uncledaddydeane---YOU WILL ENJOY THE DREAM--IT IS AN AWESOME SHIP---THE CREW IS FRIENDLY, FOOD GREAT---ENTERTAINMENT WONDERFUL, CABINS LARGE---WE HAVE SAILED CARNIVAL--40TIMES--AND THE DREAM 2 times---ONCE OUT OF ROME ON THE MED. CRUISE AND THE 9 DAY FROM PORT CANAVERAL----AND NOW WE ARE BOOKED AGAIN FOR FEB 13th--2010. SO--GO WITH HIGH EXPECTATIONS AND YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED. HAPPLY SAILING---IRENE AND JOHN

there are currently 71 reviews posted for the dream. 10 are 1 star. Less than 1% of actual cruise passangers are members here. Not exactly a very good representation of the total number of actual past passangers on the dream. I feel that many of the posters of totaly negative reviews truly believe what they are posting to be fact from their point of view. I would imagine that their whole life is one big negative. That being said, some may have an agenda that is not friendly to carnival corp. Or the carnival board and are posting these reviews just to get a rise out of carnival fans. I am very much looking forward to cruising on the dream sometime in the future.

mr. Traveler--i too have read some of the negative reports on the dream---i think some of these people would not be happy in heaven. We sailed the dream--from==rome---on the 12 day med cruise, the we sailed her on the 9day cruise from port canaveral---and now we are booked for feb. 13, 2010. She is an awsome ship==the crew friendly and always has a smile--the matr'd in the scarlet dining rm---an irishman from dublin--entertained after each dinner----he sang like frank sinatra--and i might add this cruise coming up---will be our 41st cruise on carnival--we are also retired military and consder ourselves--world travelers---and knowledgeable. My suggestion to those who think in their heads they did not enjoy their cruise--they might check into the--shadyrest nursing home--- irene and john

I did take the time to write a review for the first time, have a read if you get a chance. When I read your post, I immediately thought that every person has different things that are important to them and different levels of expectations.

Some areas of the Dream were not my favorite, but others couldn't be beat. The "members only" spa and the the "adults only" serenity areas were amazing. I would not hesitate to sail on the Dream again. I agree that most complaints were about waiting, and I have waited for 2 hours to eat at a restaurant in the city.

I maintain that I have experienced lots of bumps on cruises, but I ALWAYS have an EXCELLENT time. We heard more complaining on the Dream and I just couldn't help but wonder where those people ate at home (superior food, no lines, no waiting, better service, etc.????

Go with the intentions of having fun and you will not be disappointed.

Some people seem to be making a common mistake of assuming public areas on Dream are the same size as on predecessor ships which is not valid. For example, there are more seats in the dining rooms and theater. They scaled a number of areas up, and in other cases added new areas.

Some of the reviews indicate that most, if not all, of the staff want off the ship. Statements like this are obviously not factual. Even if someone spent the entire cruise interviewing crew members, I doubt they could talk to most of the crew.

I agree, there were many more chairs on deck and around, we never had a problem finding a table to eat at and lastly We did interview crew members and have it posted on youtube

part 1

part 2

everyone we talked to or had requested this ship from another CCL/Princess ship. They were happy and we did not have problems as far as staff goes.

No vacation is perfect but if you compare the lines for food on the dream to lines at diney world the same week, give me the cruise 1,000 times over.

I was one that posted a negitive review. I am also a platinum member and am also originally from Jersey, which is probably close enough to NY. True, my husband and I are both very fussy, both are used to excellent service. I still feel that the service is lacking on this ship and our head server was not interested in any of the guests at our table. The assistant waiter poured the water and was never seen again. Yes I know, there are always a few rotten apples in each basket! I was still very disappointed that we were not allowed to dock in Puerto Rico, because they had just found out that the ship was too big. The boat was attractive, the ports were interesting and fun. But I was still not impressed with the dream. Going back to cruising on Royal Caribbean and Disney!

Archived