Largest dining room table

lelalenore

We squeezed 13 chairs around our table so we could sit together. Our Maitre de was great as well as our waiter. We were on the upper level on the Freedom and were set so the waiters could still get around and do their job. It won't hurt to ask.

We have a group of 12 going on the Ecstasy in Feb. I wonder if there is a dining room table that big or if we are going to have to be split up? Any thoughts?

The largest listed are ten tops....Have you asked your TA to link you together to try to work out 12 people at a 10 top ????

We have a group of 12 going on the Ecstasy in Feb. I wonder if there is a dining room table that big or if we are going to have to be split up? Any thoughts?

Not sure about that ship but we had a group of 12 on the Pride. Long table with six per side.

I thought the largest I had ever seen was a 10 top, but it sounds like 12 can be done. We booked directly through Carnival.com. Actually, we have our #11 & #12 booking next week, so I guess after they are officially booked I was call and see if we can work out a 12 top!

Thanks for the responses! :)

We have a group of 12 as well going on the Miracle tomorrow! I booked thru PVP and was told they do have rectangular tables for 12. We, however, opted for 2 round tables and rotate so we can talk to everyone. When we have a rectangular table for 12, we can only talk to those right next to us.

Some ships, I was told by PVP, have seating for up to 8.

Have fun on your cruise!

argh-- i cant imagine squeezing 12 people at a 10 person table unless most of those are children-- can you imagine the conversations?

--

I would take two tables of 6 and rotate out each night for the week.

In fixed seating the wait staff does so well knowing your preferences almost immediately. So my question is, does rotating tables mess up the waiters? Or would both tables have the same waiters? I'll be with a large group in June and was just wondering.

It really would depend on where the tables are-

On the Liberty we had 3 tables of 6 each- each tabke had a seperate waiter since the waiters took care of the booths- our table and the table beside us.

The waiters had no trouble adjusting to our moves each night

We had a round table for 12 on the Freedom in November.

Hey Beach Bum, we are a party of 22 traveling together on the Freedom in June 2010. If we have 2 tables of 12 or 1 table for 12 and 1 table for 10 - do you think we would end up having the same waiter? We would want to rotate tables so each of us can spend some time with each other - it is a large 50th Wedding Anniversary surprise for my In-laws. Do you have any advice on how to make this work?

On the Legand and the Miracle there is a side dining room separate from the main. We were seated in there once and along the back is a very long table which can be adjusted for seatting large groups. Never knew about this until we were assigned to it. Cannot see or hear any of the entertainment.

It is labled as an annex and is between the Barcchus dining room deck 2 and Jeeves Lounge.

On the Legand it is also on deck 2 between Truffles Rest. and Atlantic Lounge and labeled as Private Club Restaurant Annex.

I have always seen people eating in there.

Hey Beach Bum, we are a party of 22 traveling together on the Freedom in June 2010. If we have 2 tables of 12 or 1 table for 12 and 1 table for 10 - do you think we would end up having the same waiter? We would want to rotate tables so each of us can spend some time with each other - it is a large 50th Wedding Anniversary surprise for my In-laws. Do you have any advice on how to make this work?

When we booked the cruise we made sure the PVP had all the reservations tied together so that we would for sure be sitting together. So you might start there.

But talk to the maitre d 1st thing. The waiter that had our table for 12 also had a round table right next to ours which held 10, so I am pretty sure if you talk to maitre d and waiters they will figure out how you can all sit "next" to each other and switch tables without to much complications. Good Luck, Happy Cruising!!

Archived