best place to get seafood in Galveston??

stephic411

I pretty much knew most of this history...I guess what I was trying to say was that Landry's Seafood was in Galveston long before the Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf was down on the pier and opened in the Galveston area. I knew that the old Landry's down on the seawall wasn't the first Landry's Seafood in the US. I do remember when Mr. Fertitta purchased the Golden Nugget...they've tried very hard to renew the old downtown area of Vegas.

We've lived down here very close to Galveston for 32 years so we've seen a lot of changes brought on by the Mr. Fertitta and the Mitchell family as well. I hope his efforts to turn the old Flagship hotel into a tourist attraction are successful. I remember when the Flagship was actually a nice hotel and it's sad to see it fall into such disrepair...even before Ike came along! I know a lot of people fought Fertitta when he built the Aquarium restaurant in downtown Houston, but what is now a family attraction and very close to the theater district was just a rundown underpass in Houston.

Thanks for the history!

I pretty much knew most of this history...I guess what I was trying to say was that Landry's Seafood was in Galveston long before the Willie G's and Fisherman's Wharf was down on the pier and opened in the Galveston area. I knew that the old Landry's down on the seawall wasn't the first Landry's Seafood in the US. I do remember when Mr. Fertitta purchased the Golden Nugget...they've tried very hard to renew the old downtown area of Vegas.

We've lived down here very close to Galveston for 32 years so we've seen a lot of changes brought on by the Mr. Fertitta and the Mitchell family as well. I hope his efforts to turn the old Flagship hotel into a tourist attraction are successful. I remember when the Flagship was actually a nice hotel and it's sad to see it fall into such disrepair...even before Ike came along! I know a lot of people fought Fertitta when he built the Aquarium restaurant in downtown Houston, but what is now a family attraction and very close to the theater district was just a rundown underpass in Houston.

Thanks for the history!

Your welcome!

Fetitti, Mitchells, Moodys, Sealys, Historical Foundation and others are to be complemented!

• 1 month later...
gaido's. hands down. they're the best!

Yes I agree!

We are members of Pelican Club a private third restuarant

of Gaidos.

If you are member of private club in your own hometown

Check Gaidos for reciprocal privileges with your own club.

My favorites are

Gaidos

Rudy and Pacos

Olympia Grill on "port"

Saltwater Grill

Fisherman's Wharf was originally owned by George P. Mitchell Properties (owner of Hotel Galvez, Tremont House & Harbour House) but he sold it to Fertitta years ago. I believe that GPM also opened up Fish Tales but that was sold to Fertitta as well.

Of Fertitta's seafood chains, Willie G's does stand out and has the flair of being an independently owned restaurant instead of a chain one. The food is exceptional.

Gaido's is a tradition and has beautiful views; however, I like Casey's just as much and the prices are even better!

Archived