St Croix Diving

travelangel7

Hi, I've really enjoyed scuba diving with every operator on the island. The divers here have a blast at the wall at cane bay, as well as at dozens of boat dives, and I can't say a bad word about any of the staff- they are excited and love sharing the island's underwater beauty.

Antigua is beautiful as well, but St. Croix is home... happy diving!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I went with dive experience http://divexp.com/

Michelle picked us up at the pier & took us to the boat. We were lucky enough to be the only guests other than 4 dive masters! It was a beautiful area to dive & they were all very nice.

We did have to get our own cab ride back to the pier though.

• 3 weeks later...

There are many dive operations on the island, but the best place to dive is accessible from shore or by boat @ Cane Bay.

Just 100 feet from shore, you drop down into 10 feet of water at the start of the coral gardens and a gentle slope out to the wall. The top of the wall is in about 35 feet of water and is completely covered in beautiful, live coral. Careful here, as the wall slopes at a pretty good angle down well past recreational depths, then drops almost straight down past 3000'. In Cane Bay, there are sea horses, green and hawksbill sea turtles, southern stingrays, as well as a full host of all the reef fish you can imagine. Pretty regularly, we get Spotted Eagle Rays passing through, and if you are lucky, you might spot a reef shark swimming by in the depths, or a Manta Ray gliding over top of the reef. This is definitely an area well traveled by divers, both local and traveling, but it is in great condition. Definitely take a divemaster on your first two dives to get a feel for the area, it is so expanse, you could spend all week exploring and not see it all...

• 3 years later...

We are just back from our trip and dove with St. Croix SCUBA. It was really a great excursion.

We are unique group in that we had 2 certified divers and 2 experienced divers that love to resist certification so they just take Discover Scuba over and over and over...

Ed suggested we do a quick discover scuba lesson then demonstrate the skills right where the boat docks so we could be off on our 2-tank morning dives without wasting time in a pool. This really worked out. We met up with Mike at 8:30 am and he went through the lesson, then the boat arrives and we loaded up. The 2 discover divers hopped off the boat and did the skills and we were on our way.

Mike and Erica were excellent. We were the only group on the boat, so it was an extra special day. We did 2 tanks and the diving was great, and I can only imagine it gets better when the other half of the family get certified and we can do the famed wall dive on our next visit. The only complain I can come up with is that there is no camera bucket on the boat.

We would dive with St. Croix SCUBA again and would recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
We are just back from our trip and dove with St. Croix SCUBA. It was really a great excursion.

We are unique group in that we had 2 certified divers and 2 experienced divers that love to resist certification so they just take Discover Scuba over and over and over...

Ed suggested we do a quick discover scuba lesson then demonstrate the skills right where the boat docks so we could be off on our 2-tank morning dives without wasting time in a pool. This really worked out. We met up with Mike at 8:30 am and he went through the lesson, then the boat arrives and we loaded up. The 2 discover divers hopped off the boat and did the skills and we were on our way.

Mike and Erica were excellent. We were the only group on the boat, so it was an extra special day. We did 2 tanks and the diving was great, and I can only imagine it gets better when the other half of the family get certified and we can do the famed wall dive on our next visit. The only complain I can come up with is that there is no camera bucket on the boat.

We would dive with St. Croix SCUBA again and would recommend them.

What time did you get back to the ship after your dives? I do not dive but my husband does and we were hoping to have time to explore the island after diving.

Thanks!

We were back on the ship by 2pm for sure. Maybe 1:30. They leave and return right from then same pier as the cruise ship so you could hop in a cab for a few hours if you wanted.

We had to be back on board by 5:00 for a 5:30 departure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...

For those interested in scuba diving in St. Croix-- my DH went on a two tank dive with N2 the Blue (located right by the pier). He loved it-- said it was one of the best dives he has ever done (he has over 70 dives). He met them at 8:30 and was back to the ship by 12:45-1, so we still had time to go to the beach for a couple of hours.