Snorkel Cruise + Turtles, DIFFICULT CHOICE...Silvermoon,Cool Runnings,Shasa,Tiami...

limaklimra

We just return from our Jan. 24 th cruise. we used Silvermoon in Barbados, it was great, 12 people on the large catarmaran, plenty of room to spread out, food and drinks were good, Ben and Nick were very attentive. Swimming with the turtles was exciting even though the water was cloudy we saw several turtles. Snorkeling over the shipwrecks was great, thousands of fish. I would definately use silvermoon again, well worth the money.

We did SilverMoon a few years ago when we were in Barbados and had a great time and we were going to book it agian but their small boat was booked so we have booked with Calabaza for our cruise in May. They have gotten some great reviews and they sound similar to SivlerMoon.

When in Barbados, we used Shasa for a catamaran sail and snorkel excursion. Jason and his wife Tess were so friendly and great to work with. They were very prompt in responding to emails, gave clear instructions on where and when to meet at the port, and provided us with a wonderful sail along the beautiful Barbados coast and a fabulous time snorkeling with the sea turtles. (We did not have lunch, but the others that were with us said the food was plentiful and delicious.) Although the catamaran itself is a bit smaller than some of the others you may see, we preferred the more intimate atmosphere and great personalized service with Shasa. We thoroughly enjoyed our excursion with Shasa and would not hesitate to use them again when we return to Barbados.

I would echo the comments above. We did the tour with Jason in December 2009. He has his own turtle place that is not packed with people. We had about 8-10 turtle for the 12 of us on his catamaran all to ourselves. It was a great trip....Dave, Austin Travelers

Just got back from the Grand Princess and used Shasa for the 5 hour snorkel tour. They did a great job. They picked us up promptly at the terminal and taxed us to the beach where Jason met us for the tour. Had a nice sail out the turtle area as mentioned in a previous post. Lots of turtles and we were the only ones there. Later went to a reef to snorkel and see the various types of sea life.

Then sailed close to a secluded beach for a swimn while Jason got lunch out which was plentiful and very good. Beer was cold and rum punch was tasty. At the end of the sail, they taxied us back to the ship.

Would highly recommend Shasa, catamaran only holds up to 12 and the snorkel stops are at less crowded areas. Jason and Tess do a good job. (Hello Jason from Mike & Ann)

Hi, would you please tell me how to contact Shasa? we'd like to book with them. thanks in advance.

Silvermoon is my vote. We went there on the Dec 20 sailing with victory. One of the best excursions on the trip, great boat, great crew, great lunch. We were on the 24 person, had 20 ppl. Lots of room on the boat.

Here's another vote for Silvermoon. We've done several catamaran/snorkling trips in the Caribbean and Silvermoon is the best we've seen!:)

Here's yet another vote for Silvermoon. We took the 12 person tour and I just can't stress enough how glorious it is to have that much personal space on a cat tour. They even have two heads! Just imagine lying on the trampoline all by yourself as you skim across the water. I love to sail and appreciated that there was very little motor sailing; just a bit when docking. The snorkeling was great, my husband even tried it again after many years and is now hooked.

I also want to add that they will wait for you if you are late because of ship problems. Our ship, the Ruby Princess, was last to dock and had to wait for the customs officials. The tour was to meet and leave by 9:30 but we were only allowed off the ship at 9:40. Disembarkation at that port was a true disaster for us. The shuttle buses ground to halt halfway to the terminal because they couldn't navigate the walkers. I was panicked about missing the tour. Well as it turned out eleven of the twelve people on the tour were from the Ruby and Silvermoon definitely waited for us. All frustration vanished when we got on board and were warmly greeted.

Archived