meet and greet

paul8

Hopefully someone will answer this. Do not know where to post this. We are going on the NCL Norwegian Sun 1/31/10 - 2/14/10 Buenos Aires - Santiago. My partner in crime has arranged the meet and greet and has that set up. I am taking care of attendees and wish to send them a reminder once onboard. Can NCL do this on NCL stationery (I did this on HCL in Nov. 09) or should I do it myself ?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Hopefully someone will answer this. Do not know where to post this. We are going on the NCL Norwegian Sun 1/31/10 - 2/14/10 Buenos Aires - Santiago. My partner in crime has arranged the meet and greet and has that set up. I am taking care of attendees and wish to send them a reminder once onboard. Can NCL do this on NCL stationery (I did this on HCL in Nov. 09) or should I do it myself ?

What I have read on this board, NCL will deliver reminders but at a fee.

Enjoy

I was able to confirm a date, time and location a few days before sailing and posted it on the rollcall. I also had procured many people's personal email addresses and then sent them the infomation that way too.

It is possible that the location may be changed (once you are on the ship)... in that event it might be possible to post a change of location notice at that place, or have someone (from your group) there to direct people to the new location... but luckily it didn't happen to us.

Have fun. It's a great way to meet some cool people.

I was able to confirm a date, time and location a few days before sailing and posted it on the rollcall. I also had procured many people's personal email addresses and then sent them the infomation that way too.

It is possible that the location may be changed (once you are on the ship)... in that event it might be possible to post a change of location notice at that place, or have someone (from your group) there to direct people to the new location... but luckily it didn't happen to us.

Have fun. It's a great way to meet some cool people.

Our 12/20 meet and greet on the GEM had the location changed. The NCL onboard rep posted signs at the original location for us. As passengers we are not allowed to post signs around the ship, I remember reading that somewhere recently. :)

I didn't do reminders, I informed everyone on the roll call that the time and place would not be posted in the Freestyle daily and that it was up to them to take note of the time and place....and show up :D

With 20 people, we had a bar, but by November it was over 60 & we had 169 total onboard. Many were the NCL PHD TA's at their classes onboard. They told me that they will probably miss Meet & Greet since their lunch is not til 12:30PM. But we had places for them just in case. So I had 11AM 12/7 at Azura Dining room that was on the list of all attending. So everyone knew date, time, location for them to show. Day before it is posted again. No stateroom numbers were given for safety, do not post that online.

A letter will be in your stateroom about the party & the name & phone # of the person setting it up for you. If she changed it, it will say so. She will take care of it for you.

Then 12/7 I got there at 10AM & 10 folks, who showed early, to help & were just in awe over the size. The huge tea, coffee (reg & def) urns with cake, cookies, cheese & crackers for us. The Chef from Le Bistro set it up.

Then I was given 2 sheets for names of each person, stateroom # & email address. This was for any party invites by the Captain & his 11 Officers who also attended. When some TA's did start to show up, a surprise for all of us. The Special Events Coordinator sent out engraved invitations to every person on the list for a Bridge Tour on the last sea day at 11AM.

If you Coordiantor has to move you, she will announce it or leave notice on the old location for folks to go to the new location, but you do not as your letter states. They do it for the Captain if he feels he has time to do something with everyone. Weather, security, etc can change that.

Some have had them delivered at no cost. Others report there is a fee. Go to the purser's desk when you first board and ask. I think every ship is different.

Hi there! Can you please tell me who @ NCL your partner contacted to set up the Meet & Greet? My sailing on the Sun isn't until October, but I'd like to find out what to do - thanks!!!

I hope the Sun is better at replying than the Jade..I sent them an email last week and no reply yet.

I sent mine last Monday auto response same day and real response on Tuesday for the Pearl.

They do reply to them in order of upcoming cruises so if you are trying to do it too far in advance it will be a while before they respond. I did mine a little over 5 wks out.

I sent mine last Monday auto response same day and real response on Tuesday for the Pearl.

They do reply to them in order of upcoming cruises so if you are trying to do it too far in advance it will be a while before they respond. I did mine a little over 5 wks out.

Ours is March, I know they like the numbers as it gets closer, I asked them questions that I needed answered before I gave them the total number, and also said I knew they would give me a definite answer as it got closer.. but not even an auto reponse.

Thanks for all the responses. I will wait awhile. Does anyone know how many people are needed for them to be willing? Thanks!

And I surely would not do anything this far in advance. People change jobs. Policies change. People forget.

Of all the M&Gs we have done, none did advance notice in cabin.

I did it 3 mths in advance on the Pearl in 07, and the liason officer asked me to keep updating the numbers until about 2 weeks out from the cruise.

I was asking if I should do the same this time, because we are already 117 and 2 1/2 mths etc to go..thought they might like some advance notice with a big crowd., in case they gave us the Star Bar like they did on the Jewel..:eek:

Thanks for all the responses. I will wait awhile. Does anyone know how many people are needed for them to be willing? Thanks!

We only have 16 so far but they assigned our space, date and time without any numbers. Our last cruise M&G we only had 10 and they still did it.

Archived