Island Escape. Cruise virgin!

It's quite straightforward. Island Cruises was a separate cruise company with 2 ships owned jointly by Royal Caribbean cruises and First choice travel agents.

When TUI took over both Thomson's and First Choice they bought out Royal Caribbean's share in Island Cruises and got the Escape as part of the deal.

It's just that they haven't rebranded her as part of Thomson's Cruises yet.

I've just posted a review of her on the Island cruises board

Berwyn

It's quite straightforward. Island Cruises was a separate cruise company with 2 ships owned jointly by Royal Caribbean cruises and First choice travel agents.

When TUI took over both Thomson's and First Choice they bought out Royal Caribbean's share in Island Cruises and got the Escape as part of the deal.

It's just that they haven't rebranded her as part of Thomson's Cruises yet.

I've just posted a review of her on the Island cruises board

Berwyn

And a very helpful review it is.

Thanks. ;)

hi we just got back last night, any questions dont hesitate to ask me, as for tips there is a few but my brain is cabbaged at the min, lol. But i will think of some and put it on to moz. cheers

Thanks Chippy, so far it looks like the Lanzarote trip is out as my significant other will never do a camel ride again and the morocco trip sounds like a drama so will prepare for that. Are the Moroccan markets really worth the hassle as I hear the Maderia market is very good?

Cheers.

Thanks Chippy, so far it looks like the Lanzarote trip is out as my significant other will never do a camel ride again and the morocco trip sounds like a drama so will prepare for that. Are the Moroccan markets really worth the hassle as I hear the Maderia market is very good?

Cheers.

Personally if ever we were on a cruise ship again that stopped in Morocco we'd stay aboard.

Eldest son was in Luxor Egypt for 2 weeks over a year ago and it was easy to haggle there and get your price. But in Agadir it was really hard, these guys are professionals.

Berwyn

well i had a look at some cabins on fri morn as we were waiting for our bus to airport, they had the deluxe and standard bal, the deluxe seemed to be on the back of the ship and were a bit bigger. I m nosey so i had a look at the grand suite and the suites they were nice but i think they were alot of money, the best thing to do is if your unhappy with the cabin they give you is to go to reception on deck 5 and tell them , they were good with us, but the ship was almost full.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/

Hi, there's photos there of our balcony cabin. Standard balcony cabin from last year. It wasn't huge but more than enough for our needs and time spent in there. This time we were further along the coridor 9080 There's quite a few of DW as someone asked what she wore in the evenings.

The boys were down on deck 4 4068 and it was the same as ours inside.

Hope that's some help.

You guys are great, the pictures are superb and now I know what to expect. I can understand why some people got a bit upset when upgrading to a balcony cabin, they are small but perfect for me so I wont be unhappy with it. I was in the Royal Navy for 9 years and there would have been a dozen people in a cabin that size onboard my ship. :)

Crooza,

I didn't take pics of bathroom, but it was no worse or smaller than the newer, bigger Royal Caribbean ship we were on in June.

It was just older.

And those people who moan about the Escape, (understandable if they've had problems), should remember that if they want to go with Thomson's all the ships are about the same age. And in gross tonnage the Escape is the biggest.

Berwyn

I had a nosey in the grand suite on disembarcation day , nice but alot of money i expect. If you look out of the beachcomber cafe you could see the GS balcony, but it looked shabby to me plastic lattice sun beds, grotty table and carpet, lol.

Archived