Sunday in St Martin

PH8

We tried to book Lord Sheffields for our trip next month...........they wrote back they do not operate on Sundays because cruise ships are usually not in that port..............well,we will be and are now wondering if anything will be closed(such as shops)...

We are also deciding between Divi bay and Orient Beach.....cant decide where to go....:confused:

I posted here earlier that most shops would be open on Sundays if there was a cruise ship in port, but the reference was to "in season".

Now we're moving into "swing season". If you're traveling in February, I would guess that many shops will be open on your Sunday, but the odds improve if there are other ships in port with you.

We're the only ship in port that day....well,except for one of those sailing ships that carry maybe 100 pax....

Offtopic, but if that little ship is one of the Windjammers, like the Polynesia, it is our MOST FAVORITE VACATION ever. We love Windjammers.

Parrothead, we were in St. Maarten on Sunday Jan 9 and most shops were open. There were 4 ships in that day (Carnival Legend, HAL, Radisson and Star) so that may have something to do with them opening. We went Rhino Riding in the morning until about 12:30 then returned to Front St. to shop. Did not see many closed stores however there were several who were closing at 2:30 that day. Hope this helps and have a great cruise.

I was in St. Martin on a Sunday last Month. Almost all the stores on Front Street were opened, but the Star Wars shop was closed. I was told that on the French side, the restaurants will be opened but NOT the shops there.

Got a Movado watch from Boolchand's, about the same price as the Internet, but was able to see and try on the watch before purchase, and no taxes or shipping costs.

John C.

Any opinions on cameras in Saint Martin? We picked up a really high end expensive Nikon there last year for my son at a good savings but I'm wondering about the average to good digitals that sell for $300 to $500 on the net in the states. Better buys in Saint Martin? :confused:

The merchants will negotiate the price but you will get a package deal that beats the best internet pricing. That package would include a big flash card, case, and extra big battery. In the last two years I purchase 2 Canon digitals in the $300-$450 price range. One year later, the internet pricing still could not match the package price at St. Maarten.

Go to Chulani Seiko House at 81 Front Street (near Rams Liquor Store).

Gary - Ah yes, this is akin to the secret handshake and decoder ring among Parrotheads. Sometimes true Parrotheads see things that other mere mortals cannot see! :)

Hint - JB stands for Jimmy Buffet.

Another hint - JB has a seaplane and he loves to pop into various Caribbean island hide aways.

Archived