Has anyone done the ATV jungle tour w/ Wild Tours???

Steelermoose

My dad and I did this when we were on the Holiday and loved it!!! Neither of us had ever ridden one (most people in our group hadn't), but it was not difficult at all. The people were great and it was a ton of fun. You will get dirty. I wore some old jeans, tennis shoes and tshirt. One couple knew what they were doing and wore hats with bandanas covering their mouths. I would recommend booking direct with them instead of the cruise ship - it's cheaper.

We did this tour 2 years ago and although we booked through Island Marketing, the actual tour was done by Wild Tours. We had never driven ATV's either but the instructions were clear and we had the hang of it within a few minutes of driving.

We had lots of fun, got very dirty (if it's been raining, you'll be muddy, if it hasn't, you'll be dusty). We purchased bandanas in their small, on-site store for $1 and we would have been very uncomfortable if we hadn't had these with us! Make sure you bring some, or plan on picking them up there.

The guides were friendly and helpful and one of them was of Mayan descent. Don't go here with the hope that you'll see impressive ruins because you really won't. We viewed the information and sites as a bonus and really focused more on the fun of the ATV's. Keep that perspective and I don't know how you'd be disappointed!

I've seen then listed both ways, is it typically 2 people to ATV or do you each get your own? Nikki and I are both tall and I don't know how comfortable we would both be together AND we would fight over who gets to drive ;)

Archived