Norwegian Pearl Gratuities

bennob66

[quote name='bplazo']I would have a hard time sleeping at night if I stiffed a person who waited on me for a week. KARMA[/quote]

Me too.
And If I did manage to sleep , It would be with one eye open;) because I would be extremly p.o'd if I were them!:mad:

[quote name='cruizinrican']The OP just asked a simple question, "Are the tips set in place or can they be adjusted bc I prefer to give tips in person". No where in his post did he state that he intended on removing the tips and not tipping anyone.

Please be fair and non-judgemental when choosing to answer questions here on this board.

And to answer the OP's question, the tips can be adjusted once on board bc I have done it myself. Just like anyone else if I feel you weren't doing your job correctly than I feel it isn't necessary to reward poor service and it shouldn't be expected that I "HAVE TO".[/QUOTE]

I wasn't aware there was a new board monitor.

[quote name='cruizinrican']The OP just asked a simple question, "Are the tips set in place or can they be adjusted bc I prefer to give tips in person". No where in his post did he state that he intended on removing the tips and not tipping anyone.

Please be fair and non-judgemental when choosing to answer questions here on this board.

And to answer the OP's question, the tips can be adjusted once on board bc I have done it myself. Just like anyone else if I feel you weren't doing your job correctly than I feel it isn't necessary to reward poor service and it shouldn't be expected that I "HAVE TO".[/quote]

Maybe the "usual crew (Planer, smeyer, sottovoce, etc. - the same people that always respond the loudest in the tipping threads)" will take it from someone other than me!

Well said Cruizinrican!

[quote name='hamrag']Maybe the "usual crew (Planer, smeyer, sottovoce, etc. - the same people that always respond the loudest in the tipping threads)" will take it from someone other than me!

Well said Cruizinrican![/quote]

you know if you read my posts I do say people can adjust them- just because you have one view doesn't make it right or that we are loud etc. You are mostly wrong on the way you view tipping and the way you present the adjustment is not helpful to the CREW. read my posts. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Frankly why don't you move on this has been discussed over and over. Remember you really are helping those who don't want to tip at all but I guess that is really your goal.

[quote name='smeyer418']and this last sentence is necessary because?
.[/QUOTE]

Sid-don't worry about it...as a believer in Karma I think you being good to the crew will result in the crew being good to you.

And that might explain a lot also! :D

[quote name='terrymtex01']The per day charge is actually $12.00 PP PD, not $10.00. If you wish to actually thank the crew for their hard work, leave the daily service charge in place. Otherwise any cash tips you give to specific crew members will have to be turned into a cash pool. When you remove your daily service charge your name and photo go onto a list that is distributed around the ship to the crew and if you are on that list the crew knows anything you give them specifically must be turned over to the cash pool. They are not going to risk losing their jobs over keeping whatever individual tip you might give them.

[/quote]

I find it hard to believe that this is possible- of course what I have to report may be specific to the Star and not company wide

I asked on the Star last month after a flaming thread on this topic - just to inquire ;) after I was flamed for asking too many questions.
I was told that no adjustments to the service fees would be addressed until the final day of the cruise- after 6am day of disembarkation
I was also told that staff are free to accept cash gratuity and that the 'tip pool' was the combined service fees

So, HOW would a crew member know whose cash to keep and who to put in a pool; for example, if I gave someone a nice tip on Tuesday- they spend it offshore on Wedn; I adjust my fees on Saturday- they are suppose to remember that?
AND do they really hold people to recognizing faces? please... do you know how many people think they know me? (girl next door look, I guess) And would NCL really discharge an employee for mistakenly taking cash from a guest not knowing whether they will or will not adjust the fees? Are psychic skills required for employment onboard? :rolleyes:

I am NOT against the service fee- more people probably tip because of it; I just think there is too much conflicting information that isnt printed for the public to clearly answer the question using information in the quoted text above. If I am wrong, please post a link that clearly states the information provided, thanks.

Archived