Dining times on a ship that is switching to anytime

Nunu

We are confirmed for early seating request but the ship we're booked on will be going to the anytime dining option before we sail.It wasn't shown as a choice when we first booked. How do we change to that? :confused:

We are confirmed for early seating request but the ship we're booked on will be going to the anytime dining option before we sail.It wasn't shown as a choice when we first booked. How do we change to that? :confused:

REally I think you know this but just incase you need a refresher:p... call Carnival to see if you can change.. if not you must see the M'D once you board..

If you pretend to modify your booking on the Carnival site, you may be able to change the dining option there.

When I booked my upcoming cruise, Your Time dining was not available. I found out later that it would be for my sailing. I called my travel agent, who called Carnival. It then showed changed under my booking on the Carnival website.

So I would contact whoever you made the booking through and ask them to request the change. Or you can see about changing this after you board the ship.

Yes, you can make the change yourself on Carnival's website. Just log in and check your booking. On the left side you can "modify" your booking and just go down to where it says Dining Preference. There is an Edit link there. You can change to Any time dining there. We did that recently after deciding we didn't want to have to watch a clock to make sure to get to dinner on time. Making the change is very easy! It will also tell you if early and/or late is booked up and has a wait list in case you are thinking about changing to one of those.

Another question about anytime... If you are slated for late dinning and one night you want to eat earlier can you do the anytime?

No, friends of ours tried to do that on our cruise. They wanted to dine with us and when they were asked their cabin #, the computer showed that they had assigned dining. You are asked your cabin # every time you enter the My Time Dining room.

Another question about anytime... If you are slated for late dinning and one night you want to eat earlier can you do the anytime?

No. You can't switch back and forth. If you decide you want the "anytime dining" -- which would mean you could eat when you wanted to, then you need to call your TA now..or Carnival..and try to make the switch. Some folks have been able to do it once on board, but that's not always successful.

Your other alternative is to stay with the late dining, and the one night that you want to eat earlier, you eat at the buffet, or at another venue onboard..but not in the MDR.

We sailed on the Dream that had the option of any time dinning. There was a small section set aside on the upper lvl of the dinning room for this. When you entered you were put on a list and when a table to accommodate your party was available you were seated. You did not give up your assigned seating in the main dinning room. We did not use the option but did inquire as to the procedure. I really don't know if all ships work this way but it seemed to work well on the Dream.

We sailed on the Dream that had the option of any time dinning. There was a small section set aside on the upper lvl of the dinning room for this. When you entered you were put on a list and when a table to accommodate your party was available you were seated. You did not give up your assigned seating in the main dinning room. We did not use the option but did inquire as to the procedure. I really don't know if all ships work this way but it seemed to work well on the Dream.

I'm confused. :confused: We were on the same cruise as you on the Dream. If this option was available, why were our friends turned away? :confused::confused: They are Platinium Milestone. They were told that because there was an overwhelming # of passengers who wanted early dining on this cruise and since they had assigned dining, they could not accomodate their request in the My Time Dining Room.

You misunderstand me I did not say I tried to change my dinning time. There were to many people on board that wanted early dinning so those that wanted a change could not get it. What I said was that there was any time dining available in the upper section of the Scarlet Dinning room. If your friends had gone to the upper area they would have been seated for dinner no matter what time the arrived. My wife and I went into the upper dining room one evening and were told that we would be seated with in 10 minutes. We did not dine at that time as we just wanted to see how it worked.

sorry for the confusion.

You misunderstand me I did not say I tried to change my dinning time. There were to many people on board that wanted early dinning so those that wanted a change could not get it. What I said was that there was any time dining available in the upper section of the Scarlet Dinning room. If your friends had gone to the upper area they would have been seated for dinner no matter what time the arrived. My wife and I went into the upper dining room one evening and were told that we would be seated with in 10 minutes. We did not dine at that time as we just wanted to see how it worked.

sorry for the confusion.

...and I think you misunderstood me. The Scarlet was for traditional assigned dining only in the lower and upper floor. The Crimson had assigned Traditional on the lower floor and My Time Dining on the upper deck. We were in the My Time in the Crimson and our friends had assigned traditional in the Scarlet and we were unable to get early seating in either the Scarlet or Crimson ( we were told that of the 3600 passengers on that cruise, 2600 wanted early dining ). Our friends wanted to dine with us one evening and thought since My Time was flexible that they too could dine whenever they wanted to. Not so as they would have taken up seating for passengers who did not already have an assigned seat.

Did you perhaps go after 8:00pm and ask? I know they kept telling people if they wanted late seating that there were plenty of room in either dining room ( for assigned or My Time ). If you asked, did they ask for your cabin #? Once they see that you are assigned, they will not allow you to eat in My Time Dining. Perhaps, since you did not follow through, they did not key in your cabin # and find out that you already had assigned seating and thought you were unassigned. Once our friends gave their cabin, they were told no so can't understand why you would have been seated in 10 minutes. :confused:In My Time Dining, you always have to give your Cabin #.

Archived