paging Chris209 and whoever else was in a suite on the Atlantica

Ta421sBtrHalf

Who was your butler? If it was Alex I feel your pain and understand your frustrations! We had Cris Plaza last year and he spoiled us, whatever we asked for came quickly and with a smile, and also called us after duty to remind us it was 11:30pm one night so we could be on time to pick up our son! We were on the cruise for a couple of days before we decided to order room service for breakfast one morning it came too late and was super cold. We asked for it between 7-7:30am and it got to us at 7:50 and we were to leave for our excursion at 8am. Then we wanted to order room service after our Grand Cayman excursion and he said it was too late which was a bunch of BS because it was still first seating in the dining room. So he did not receive a tip. I am not cheap mind you because we left Cris a very, very generous tip last year and I am sure he told Alex this because we ran in to the two of them on the first day and Cris remembered us and guessed correctly how many INCHES (I am amazed about this because I am sure he uses the metric system) our son had grown since last year. Maybe Alex was having an off week, if he had explained this we would have understood, but to tell us flatly that room service was not available at 12:45 pm on a port day was just over the top for us. Now I see why Cris was "promoted" to serve the guest in the Grand Suites, he obviously went above and beyond what the job called for.

Yes we had Alex as our butler. He did not seem to want to perform any of the duties that I expected with the suite. He was very nice, but did not respond in the manner that was expected. We were a group of 6/ 3suites, one of the people in our group complained about his service at the meet and greet that we had with the captian and service was better after that... We were only able to persuade him to bring dinner to the cabin on one night for my sister who was sick. He made it seem as though he had gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Archived