A couple of quick questions for those who have already sailed

I saw a couple of things on the Compasses that I'd like some info on if anyone can help.

First of all, they show lunch in the Main Dining room as Brasserie 30 on the 4th deck. Is that just a fancy name they gave for dining in the MDR at lunchtime (and I am assuming they just keep Deck 4 open?).

On the last day there is a Walk for Wishes at 10AM. I've done Walk for the Cure on Princess. Is this a walk for Make a Wish or something? What is the fee and do you get anything? I like walking and would love to give back in some way and also get a special "souvenir."

Are they actually running these cupcake decorating classes? I don't see them anyplace...

Thanks in advance!

I saw a couple of things on the Compasses that I'd like some info on if anyone can help.

First of all, they show lunch in the Main Dining room as Brasserie 30 on the 4th deck. Is that just a fancy name they gave for dining in the MDR at lunchtime (and I am assuming they just keep Deck 4 open?).

On the last day there is a Walk for Wishes at 10AM. I've done Walk for the Cure on Princess. Is this a walk for Make a Wish or something? What is the fee and do you get anything? I like walking and would love to give back in some way and also get a special "souvenir."

Are they actually running these cupcake decorating classes? I don't see them anyplace...

Thanks in advance!

the Brasserie 30 is the standard sea day lunch in the MDR that you would find on any Royal Ship...and it is on Deck 4...

Not sure about the Walk for Wishes

And yes there was at least one decorating class...I have to say that I can not remember what day it was or when it was I just remember walking by and seeing it going on...

The Walk for Wishes is to raise money for the Make a Wish foundation. It occurred yesterday, the last day. Sign up was something like 10:30, I'll have to get my compass out to make sure and then the walk took place a half an hour later. You made a donation and were given a t-shirt. I saw some kind of class going yesterday at the cupcake cupboard.

Thanks--from the Compasses I am seeing, it seems as if the Walk for Wishes is day 6, but I'm not sure. Can you confirm for me? I'd really appreciate it, trying to "plan" out my week. Thanks very much, everyone!

Brasserie 30 means they get you in and out in 30 minutes or less. On FOS a couple of weeks ago they had a great salad bar as well as the regular menu. And we were in and out in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info--Day 6 it is!

Hmmmm....lunch in 30 minutes in the MDR? Funny they are doing that. If I want to eat that quickly I'd go to the buffet! Feel sorry for all these waiters having to set tables that fast!

The cupcake decorating classes aren't listed in the Cruise Compass. The girl who runs the shop said that was on purpose because the can only accommodate 8 people per session and they run less than 10 sessions per cruise (including kids classes). There are no signs in the shop or any way for people to know they have the classes except to ask her or have prior knowledge.

On our sailing, we did manage to get into a class by simply waiting by the shop before a class for people to not show up. It's a great class. You actually do real decorating, learn a few tricks and get a t-shirt.

The cupcake decorating classes aren't listed in the Cruise Compass. The girl who runs the shop said that was on purpose because the can only accommodate 8 people per session and they run less than 10 sessions per cruise (including kids classes). There are no signs in the shop or any way for people to know they have the classes except to ask her or have prior knowledge.

On our sailing, we did manage to get into a class by simply waiting by the shop before a class for people to not show up. It's a great class. You actually do real decorating, learn a few tricks and get a t-shirt.

Is there a charge for the class?

Thanks for the info--Day 6 it is!

Hmmmm....lunch in 30 minutes in the MDR? Funny they are doing that. If I want to eat that quickly I'd go to the buffet! Feel sorry for all these waiters having to set tables that fast!

Hey guys we always eat lunch in the main dinning room but you dont have to be out in a hurry,They can get you out quickly if you want out.

Archived