Questions about the Orchestra

AmoMondo

Hi All

I'm in the final throes of booking the repositioning trip on the Orchestra form barazil to the UK. I know a few of you have sailed on the orchestra before and I'm hoping that you will be able to answer my questions on her.

1. Four Seasons and Chinese restaurant - what was your opinion of them? Would you recommend either or both?

2. Spa - What is the thermal are like? is it one big facility or are there seperate male and female ones?

3. Music in bars and Lounges - On the Lirica class ships there is always a martini bar that has a Piano and has live music on in the evenings, does the Orchestra have a bar like that? presume it also has a coffee bar as well? Any info on the different types of bar and the music/entertainment in them will be much appreciated

4. Are there back decks or other quieter areas to sunbathe?

5. What are the onboard shops like?

6. Anyone done an Ocean crossing on this ship or the Musica or Poesia? - if so, how did it handle rough weather?

7. How big is the theatre and where did you find had the best sightlines?

Thanks very much for any comments you make

Many questions... I ll try to answer them, as I sailed on the Orchestra to Brazil last month.

1. Four Seasons and Chinese restaurant - what was your opinion of them? Would you recommend either or both?

Both can be recommended! The Chinese restaurant is very authentic, so it can not be compared to all the british take aways... ;-) Even Chinese guests from Hong Kong loved the food there.

I didnt try the Four Seasons, but I was told that the food is outstanding. However, I loved the Pizzas in the Pizza Restaurant at night.

2. Spa - What is the thermal are like? is it one big facility or are there seperate male and female ones?

Males and females share the jacuzzis, but saunas are separate. At the beginning of the cruise a special package was offered. But I loved the outdoor pools and hot tubs, so didnt make use of it.

3. Music in bars and Lounges - On the Lirica class ships there is always a martini bar that has a Piano and has live music on in the evenings, does the Orchestra have a bar like that? presume it also has a coffee bar as well? Any info on the different types of bar and the music/entertainment in them will be much appreciated

No need to worry here, several bands and piano players / singers will take care of you. All bars offer some sort of nightly live music, Brazilians love to dance. :D I think we had 3 or 4 different bands onboard, piano players and singers in addition.

I ll post some YouTube videos later, so you get a good impression on what's happening in the different bars.

4. Are there back decks or other quieter areas to sunbathe?

Absolutely! The back decks were pretty empty during sea days, and so was the top of the ship. But beware of Germans, they like to argue about towels... ;-)

5. What are the onboard shops like?

I only used the duty free shop to buy chocolate... ;-)

6. Anyone done an Ocean crossing on this ship or the Musica or Poesia? - if so, how did it handle rough weather?

The weather was amazing during our crossing. Sea was just a bit rough in the Strait of Gibraltar, but the Orchestra handled it perfectly.

7. How big is the theatre and where did you find had the best sightlines?

Lol... is this a serious question? ;-) The Covent Garden theatre is quite nice, though not the high tech sound system you are used to on new Celebrity ships. I d say that ALL seats are nice. I think the theatre has about 1000 seats, if not more. It was never a problem to get a seat; the ship was fully-booked.

Thanks so much DirkHK. I've just booked the trip.

What was the passenger mix like on the outward crossing - were there many English speakers onboard? On some of my previous MSC cruises there have only been a handful and on other occaions hundreds.

we did musica from venice to brazil, there was no rough weather

these ships are so big I am not sure what it would take to get them "moving"

when your leaving rio keep an eye out for wales...we saw loads..one of the highlights of the trip and also when king neptune gets on board to baptize those who havent been across the equator (they had to drain th pool it was full pof ketchup and flour etc)

a real fun thing:D

Archived