WOW Phones?

I read a thread on the Oasis boards about these WOW phones, which are basically iphones set up so that you can chat with and call other passengers on the ship, as well as see the compass, and do other things. BF and I had never heard of these, and on our Majesty cruise we were thinking that it would be great if RCI offered something like this, for a price, of course, so if you wanted to, you could keep in touch with your family/travel partners on the ship to see where they are, to ask them to grab something for you in the cabin, etc. We put it in our comments. We really had no idea Oasis was offering something like this.

Does anyone know if RCI plans to expand them fleet wide? I understand they are still working out the kinks on Oasis, but I know we would use them if they worked.

• 4 weeks later...
I read a thread on the Oasis boards about these WOW phones, which are basically iphones set up so that you can chat with and call other passengers on the ship, as well as see the compass, and do other things. BF and I had never heard of these, and on our Majesty cruise we were thinking that it would be great if RCI offered something like this, for a price, of course, so if you wanted to, you could keep in touch with your family/travel partners on the ship to see where they are, to ask them to grab something for you in the cabin, etc. We put it in our comments. We really had no idea Oasis was offering something like this.

Does anyone know if RCI plans to expand them fleet wide? I understand they are still working out the kinks on Oasis, but I know we would use them if they worked.

I hope they do expand them to the rest of the fleet. Would love to have one available this summer on Brilliance of the Seas. Maybe if someone from RCCL is monitoring the boards they can answer the question.

I doubt if RCI will introduce the WOW phones to the rest of the fleet, as the older ships communication systems probably would need to be replaced, all RCI ships do offer a limited number of DECT phones, that are just an extension on the ships phone system, about the size of a cell phone, makes communicating with others easy

Archived