What time can you board the ship??

2preschoolers

We'll be on the Liberty out of Miami. And we're staying in a hotel the night before. The hotel starts to shuttle to the port at 10am but Carnival's site says boarding doesn't start till 1230p. My HOPE is that maybe they actually start to board sooner - so we can get the kids fed, let them see the ship a bit and then squeeze in a nap before dinner.

So do they normally allow boarding sooner than 1230p? What's a good time for us to arrive there to the pier and will we be waiting inside or outside? Do we give them our luggage right away or will we be holding onto our luggage until we actually check in?

THANKS!!

We got to the Miami pier about 11am got thru the lines very easy, in fact there was no lines, lol and then sat at the terminal til about 11:45 and had drinks in our hands by noon. Sometimes they dont get started til 12:30 depending on the cruise before, how fast they can get them off. But its worth it to be a little early.

Hotels usually have sign up sheets for those free shuttles- Depending on when you arrive your name could be down on the list for a later shuttle.

Always seem to happen to us.

We like arriving at the pier about 11am and onboard by noon.

THANKS everyone!!!

Hotels usually have sign up sheets for those free shuttles- Depending on when you arrive your name could be down on the list for a later shuttle.

Always seem to happen to us.

We like arriving at the pier about 11am and onboard by noon.

Ahh, I didn't realize this. GOOD info to know. We don't arrive till about 630p and our relatives won't arrive till after 11pm. Do you happen to know if we can call earlier in the day to get on the list for the earlier shuttle?? Guess it can't hurt to try!

We got down early for the free shuttle and there were enough of us champing at the bit that they took us over before the first scheduled shuttle. But we stood in line for a looooong time before we could get started. Don't know if the previous cruise was a bit delayed in getting off or what- disembarking in Galveston was not fun for sure. We were still on board by about noon, so I can't complain too much.

Having taken my share of 'free' shuttles, I'd recommend calling a taxi!

Oh you are so correct.......we always take a taxi. If there is a crowd we have them pick us up down the street. Rad at Pt Canaveral rings a bell.

We'll be on the Liberty out of Miami. And we're staying in a hotel the night before. The hotel starts to shuttle to the port at 10am but Carnival's site says boarding doesn't start till 1230p. My HOPE is that maybe they actually start to board sooner - so we can get the kids fed, let them see the ship a bit and then squeeze in a nap before dinner.

So do they normally allow boarding sooner than 1230p? What's a good time for us to arrive there to the pier and will we be waiting inside or outside? Do we give them our luggage right away or will we be holding onto our luggage until we actually check in?

THANKS!!

I really suggest you grab a cab to get to the port. Those airport shuttles can really be difficult to get, particularly when there is a hotel-full of folks wanting to use them.

Your luggage: generally when you arrive at the port, porters will be there, ready to grab your luggage (anything you want to check). Make sure you have the bags properly labeled (name, ship, stateroom, etc. If you don't already have luggage tags -- downloaded from the site -- they'll have some there). So all you'll have to deal with are any carry-ons. I'd suggest you do hang on to your carryons, which should contain any meds, anything expensive/of value, like jewelry, cameras, laptop, etc. But the rest of it will be loaded on the ship, sometimes before you get on.

I usually arrive at 10:30 or so. If all goes well, you'll be boarding by 11, and have plenty of time for lunch, a tour of the ship, a nap, a cool drink..

Have a great cruise.

THANKS everyone!!!

Ahh, I didn't realize this. GOOD info to know. We don't arrive till about 630p and our relatives won't arrive till after 11pm. Do you happen to know if we can call earlier in the day to get on the list for the earlier shuttle?? Guess it can't hurt to try!

not usually-= and if they say they can check where your name is on the list when you arrive.

Just not worth it for me--- I'd rather pay the cab and arrive with just the two of us instead of 10-12 of us

Since we live 10 minutes from the Port of Tampa, we usually aim to get there around 11am, and then leisurely go thru the embarktation process. We like to be one of the first folks on board and one of the last folks to get off the boat - usually they have to throw us locals off *lol* :eek: :eek: :eek:

When we sailed from Port Canevaral in 2008, it took us 2 1/2 hours to drive there, 15 minutes to park the car and get our luggage to the porters, and took a total of 45 minutes to go thru the embarktation process.

When we sailed from Port Everglades in October of last year (god it feels so wierd to type that!), we stayed overnight in one of the local hotels, and our group was at the ship, as well as ON the ship, around 1 hour after dropping off our luggage. This included going thru the embarktation process, as well as waiting in the large room for our number to be called.

Hope this helps!

Archived