Entertainment aboard the journey

Aroxen

Greetings Everyone,

I'm trying to get a sense of what entertainment is like aboard the Journey. Azamara's Web site and brochure are a bit vague. What type of music, shows, etc are performed in the theatre? Is there a disco or night club area? Are there rooms with pool tables, ping pong, etc? Just trying to get a better picture of things.

Thanks so much for your help!

Greetings Everyone,

I'm trying to get a sense of what entertainment is like aboard the Journey. Azamara's Web site and brochure are a bit vague. What type of music, shows, etc are performed in the theatre? Is there a disco or night club area? Are there rooms with pool tables, ping pong, etc? Just trying to get a better picture of things.

Greetings Everyone,

Hi Aroxen !

Since Azamara's ships are smaller than other lines, such as Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you wont find a large Theater with high tech production shows. The Theater is more like a Night club. They have a cast of 4-5 singers who do a great job (they do a few different shows). Azamara also brings in Guest entertainers as well. They have a Late Night Lounge which acts as a Disco (though I would not expect it to be very busy). There are a few other entertainers onboard, like a Piano player. There is a Ping Pong table, though I'm virtually certain there are no Pool Tables onboard.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help! Also, what is television like aboard the cruise? Do they have different movie channels, just like you'd find in a hotel? (FYI. This will be our first cruise.)

Thanks!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help! Also, what is television like aboard the cruise? Do they have different movie channels, just like you'd find in a hotel? (FYI. This will be our first cruise.)

Thanks!

There were some TV channels that had movies and there were also pay per view movies that you could order from your TV . The TV is interactive - you can pull up your account and review your charges, order room service or even shop and order items. Suites have DVD players so you can bring your own movies.

Is ballroom dancing available? Foxtrot, rumba, salsa, swing......? I'd be happy with a location and recorded music. Is the DIsco disco music? :confused: Thanks.

There was a space and a time allotted to ballroom dancing on our TA on Journey in Dec. It was noted in the daily program. There were also lessons being given by a couple on the cruise. I don't know if this is a regular offering, however, or because we had seven straight days at sea and they were hired specifically for our 14 day cruise.

There is a DJ in the Looking Glass Lounge on deck 10. He starts around 10 pm. Prior to that, there was the Kristen Lee Trio playing up there and people were dancing occasionally.

There was a space and a time allotted to ballroom dancing on our TA on Journey in Dec. It was noted in the daily program. There were also lessons being given by a couple on the cruise. I don't know if this is a regular offering, however, or because we had seven straight days at sea and they were hired specifically for our 14 day cruise.

Hi Takemewithyou !

I think you are right. I do not believe the professional couples are on every Azamara Cruise. For anyone who feels that is important, I suggest you check with Azamara.

Archived