We CC parents are a special bunch!

mellow

Well, you guys are all making me feel better and better. :D:D:D

And just think how "smart" that makes all our children. It takes brains to come up with all these deviant behaviors (after all, most sociopaths are highly intelligent) and a quick wit to have kept us from murdering them for all these behaviors through the years. (Have I mentioned that I have raised the queen and princess of rationalization?) Think of all they will accomplish once they decide to use their powers for good instead of for evil.

I am old enough that I am starting to see that happen. Older DD is married and working as a productive member of society as a computer engineer and is married to an electrical engineer. Younger DD is a 2nd year college student who is on her first co-op quarter at the moment as a mechanical engineer. I am seeing the light....

Hey celtic,

Are you sure you are not talking about my DD--so similar is the story except my DD is now married and has two beautiful children ages 4 years and 14 months. I am waiting patiently for the teen-age years. Heh, Heh, Heh !!!

Thanks for the good laugh! You are the type of parent I relate to. I can't think of anything as good ( not sure that is the right word LOL ) are your son has done, but they have all done something on those lines at one time or another. I know my kids tried the 911 call----just to see if it really works. I think it may be a good idea for teachers to send a note home before they do the 911 talk---so we can be prepared and hopefully talk to them before they place that call.

Mellow, thanks for starting this thread. My son will be 15 in two months. He rolls his eyes so much that I keep hoping for triple 7's so that quarters will come flying out of his mouth!

He's definitely had his moments -- one of the more benign was when he was 4 years old and someone complimented him on his cowboy hat. My son looked at the gentleman and said, "Thanks, Mr. Farts." My son was with my very prim and proper ex-sister-in-law, and she was mortified. When I heard about it later it was all I could do to keep a straight face while reprimanding my son.

Oh, how I wish that was all I had to deal with now...overall, he's a good kid and I'm not anticipating any problems on our cruise this summer, but like Karfest's daughter, he knows absolutely everything. He's now taller than I am, which puts him at a slight disadvantage, but age and cunning will, I hope, win out over youth and speed!

Laurie

I have 17 and 20 year old sons who have been angels and devils. They have embarrassed me beyond belief and made me so proud I have cried. Now that they are becoming young men they STILL embarass me (does the word "mohawk" bring any pictures to mind) and make me proud and usually all in the same day.

A friend just lost a 16 year old son to suicide last week.....

I am much more tollerant of mine these days

I don't mean to be a downer, just putting a little perspective on the subject.

When my oldest angel was about 8 years old, he was outside playing with his 4 year old brother. Supposedly their father was watching them. Later I found out he was inside watching tv. Anyway, as I was blow drying my hair, I heard this loud explosion. I ran outside as fast as I could and saw the little devils laughing hysterically. The oldest found some old bottle rockets in the garage and stuffed them in a plastic coke bottle and lit the fuse. I had no idea that a bottle rocket bomb could make as big of a hole as I had in my front yard.

Needless to say, they both received spanking and a lecturing on playing with matches.

karfest--I beg to differ, but MY 17 year old DD knows it ALL :)

For the most part she is a great kid--has only come home in a police car once--when she was 5!! :eek: She was playing with a little boy at the neighbors house, actually the little boys grandma's. It had been an hour or so, so I decided to call the Grandma to see if she was tired of them yet. Lo and behold they were no where to be found. My husband got in the car and canvassed the neighborhood while I waited at home. About 10 minutes later a police car pulled into the driveway with both kids in the car. They had decided to walk to Target to get slurpees--it was about 5 miles away! As they were walking along a busy street, (after visiting the fire station) a motorist called 911 who called the police and he picked them up. I have never been so panicked in my entire life. I can't wait until she has kids of her own. Oh wait, she's 17--on second thought I CAN wait--a long time!!

My name is Deb and my children were not perfect angels growing up. Thank heavens the first one was easy to raise or I'd have killed the second one. :eek: The oldest was rarely a problem, the youngest challenges me every day.

As for me, I called my mother an old crow once, and only once. Boy did I get it for that!

As for me, I called my mother an old crow once, and only once. Boy did I get it for that!

A friend of my DD just returned from a stay in London. I'll call him JP.

JP's mother was helping him get settled back into the states when he got mad at his mother (also a friend of mine) and called her a "daft cow!" :eek: Boy did JP ever hear a piece of his mothers mind. :D

karfest--I beg to differ, but MY 17 year old DD knows it ALL :)

What a fun thread!

I think all of us would agree that we were never so smart and we had the world figured out when we were 17!!

I stopped complaining to my parents about my teenagers when all I got back was a smug look. (smug- bordering on bemused) Someday I hope to give my girls that smug look:D

My parents have still never found out how chrome got ripped off the side of the car...and that was 25 years ago! ( I was verrrryyyy smart then)

My latest challenge with my 17 yr. old DD is getting a job. She is a senior this year and since she had quite a heavy schedule the previous 3 yrs., she only has to go to school from 9:00-12:45 this semester. Being a senior I'm being "nickled and dimed" to death--sr. sweatshirt, pictures, yearbook, party, announcements, I want this, i need that, etc. Anywho, I suggested DD get a job and start paying for these things herself. I gave her about a month and she didn't apply ANYWHERE, so I told her no more money, and in fact she owed me $100. So she asked what was for dinner the other night, I said tacos and she said "well how much are you charging me for that?" I said "let's see...hard or soft shell and sour cream is extra"!

Archived