Nice restaurant for dinner?

Rosenbeans

Our ship will be in Cozumel from 1pm to 10pm. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for a nice dinner out? If we go to a beach in the afternoon and come back into town for dinner. Not especially interested in Margaritaville or Carlos&Charlie's type vibe. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Our ship will be in Cozumel from 1pm to 10pm. Can anyone recommend a restaurant for a nice dinner out? If we go to a beach in the afternoon and come back into town for dinner. Not especially interested in Margaritaville or Carlos&Charlie's type vibe. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

There are a number of spots. And a number of posts on this board with recs. Try searching for "local food" or "restaurants". Lokk a ways down the board for Bruce R's "Christie's list" in geovet's post "looking for local food" just done a week or so ago.

But if there are only 2 of you, I'd recommend going to the north side of the Plaza and trying Kinta's. Also along the plaza area is Casa Denis, Plaza Leza, and La Choza. All serve good Mexican food with Yucatan style dishes. If you wish to avoid the Plaza, then El Turix over by the Corpus Christi church is another small spot with a local menu that varies daily.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some close friends who go to Coz on dive trips regularly; their favorite dinner place is Especias - they rave about it.

Unfortunately I've never gotten to eat there; the couple of cruise stops I've made in Coz left at around dinnertime & they don't open until then. I believe the owner is related in some way to the family that owns Casa Denis, which I've eaten at a few times & absolutely love (can't go wrong with it, the food is excellent there).

Archived