What kind of clocks in cabin?

Craig_K

The wake up call on the phone system did not work for us either! The only clock is the one on the phone, asd it did not light up. I would suggest a travel alarm if you really care about when to awaken!:D

I think there are no clocks in the rooms because it's one less thing that could break or be stolen, and if they can combine it into something else, like the display on a telephone, it's a bonus for them. My wife wears a watch, and I always set the wakeup call, so normally there isn't a problem. You also have your cell phone as an option as well.

Yes...you have to stoop down and look but there is an outlet below the headboard and between the side table and the bed. So you could plug a clock in there. The bedside tables are really small on Oasis...I missed the nice tables with the single drawer in them.

Deb

why do cruise ships hate clocks in the rooms.

We were told by a manager that worked on the Voyager of the Seas that a lot of passengers have mentioned the desire to have clocks in the staterooms. However, he said that one of the issues of why they have not installed clocks has to do with the many time changes that occur on some cruises. For instance, we were on a transatlantic cruise and I think the time changed about 6 times over 2 weeks. :eek:

The manager said that Royal Caribbean needs to find a system that would allow all stateroom clocks to have their time changed at the same time from a master switch. I am sure they could find a company to design such as system, but I wonder if RCI would want to spend the money for the purchase and maintenance of an item that doesn't provide much more of a benefit then the phone/clock that is already in the staterooms.

For the record, I would like to see a clock when I wake up in the middle of the night...but it is not a huge issue for me. :)

Hey Plumbers Wife... what kind of "battery digital alarm clock that lights up at night" did you find? Do you mean one that is LED where the numbers glow all night and you don't have to push a button to make it light up? I have never been able to find one. Having to lean over to push the light up button on most battery clocks is just enough to wake me up enough to have a hard time falling back asleep.

We found that our plug in alarm didn't keep time very well. Seems the ships electrical system is different and so, the clock would lose time, only a few minutes at a time, but it could make you late for dinner and I never want to be late for dinner. ;)

Using your cell phone for an alarm is probably not a good idea. I've noticed the time changes a lot on cell phones at sea.

I like to use room service for a wake up call. They call 5 min before showing up at the door with coffee...perfect! :)

Good to hear there are outlets near the bed. I plug in a white noise machine and usually have to watch out that I don't kill myself tripping on the extension cord in the middle of the night. :p

Hi Craig K!

No leaning over in the middle of the night :D to push buttons! It is a "Night Vision Technology led sensor snooze light"!! Once it gets dark, it lights up all night! Three double A batterys lasted the week with no problem. I think it was around :confused: $22.00 with shipping! Friends/family have borrowed it when they cruise, so it has made the rounds!! I can try and find the website for you if you want, not sure I can list it here on CC? :)

LOL..even on vacation during the night I have to know what time it is.

I invested in a battery digital alarm clock that lights up at night! I love it, I bought it on line and it was worth every penny!

I would love to know where you found your clock. I can only find the ones you have to push the button to light up the time. Com'on...Spill the beans.

http://www.alarmclocksonline.com/30330B.htm

:) Here is the site! We cruise in June 2010 with 10 family members, I can't wait to use it again!

1BDNANA-Love your log in name! My Mom/AKA- NANER as my kids and my sisters kids call her is taking us for her 70th birthday, she is special as I am sure you are!! I just noticed your cruising the Oasis on my anniversary, we are to, so excited!!

Let me know how you make out, so glad to help!

Archived