New CC cards...I don't get it.

Danno

Camelliacity

You are correct. In Sept '04 we were on the TA out of Dover. In boarding everyone was directed to "Captain Club" line at the end of the room. The sign said "Select & Elite" there, but the staff had directed everyone to this line and it had 3 staff checking people in. It was the longest line in the room. You had your pick of staff for checking in any where in the non-captain Club lines. Guess, where we went. By the way we are "elite" what ever that means.

per a lady on the other board. She stated it has a red line with ELITE on it.

The old card had a maroon stripe with Elite on it. The new cards are all the same with the ship picture in the middle.

I don't expect it will be too long before we all get the Captains Club/Crown and Anchor card...if all the numbers are going to be combined what difference would it make.

Can green glass be far behind??

Probably that poster on the other site, which is quite lame, is talking about her old car which she is probably keeping & pitched the new one. But maybe all our cruise info is on the magnetic strip, tho they state we don't need them to show to anyone, so why even mail them?

Never noticed the keycards we get when onbaord. Is CC card different than others? Is Elite status a different card? etc..........

The old card had a maroon stripe with Elite on it. The new cards are all the same with the ship picture in the middle.

Never noticed the keycards we get when onbaord. Is CC card different than others? Is Elite status a different card? etc..........

The key cards are colored according to the type of cabin you have. They are all white until you get to the CC class-those are gold--suites are platinum. (I think under age cruisers get blue cards, but I"m not positive on that)

The Captain's Club status is now imprinted on the card instead of a sticker.

The Captain's Club status is now imprinted on the card instead of a sticker.

I didn't know that...that's a positive move.

I think it's important that the staff are able to identify who are the long time cruisers...I have always found myself being treated a bit more like a friend once they know we have been with them for years. While it may not be "right" I think it's human nature. (I also happen to think it's RIGHT to do so).

I'm a Select "Founder" member. I haven't received a new card. Today is the 15th. How can you confirm your number of cruises and credits if you didn't get the card by the deadline? I hope when it finally does come that all of my cruises are listed - wouldn't want to be "cheated."

We checked on Jan-2 cruise with CChostess Tiffany as to what the 'system' showed for our trip count. It was accurate. So, on board, if you have a brief UNPRODUCTIVE moment between going from eating mode to drinking mode, visit the CCH (so take a drink with you). It was funny, being concierge and CC Select too, getting a bunch of invites - oh that dammed busy social calendar!!! They should add a behind-scenes staff residence tour to expand the options. We had so many people on Sel/Elite galley tour that we conga lined around narrow passageways and those at rear couldn't hear Chef's info. Wife told me he said they plan entree provisioning after considering the mix of pax - more UKers - more lamb, more Europe-more duck.

Makes sense.

Hey - for the kids(?):

if you're an American when go into the restoom, and you're an American when you come out, what are you while in the restroom??

EUROPEAN with apologies.

We are Elite and have not had cards make there way to us since our first Celebrity cruise. I don't bother to call about it because as Ma Bell says it doesn't really matter. It is all in their computer. We have never been asked to show ours.

Hey, greydog, we got out new CC Elite cards in the mail last week, they still don't have the correct number of cruises we've been on, but then again I don't think I will be asking them for a correct count any time soon.............:)

Hello, hope you trip home worked out alright. I assume you read my review and cyberhankster.

As far as the accuracy of your CC 'elite' count, the "Dr. Jekyll" in me says "live long and prosper, grasshopper" but Mr. Hyde, he's of a different mind entirely.

Having paid the $35 a long time ago.

I think it was well worth it.

The glass has always been full as far as I am concerned.

Celebrity had this as a loyalty program.

When I attended some of the Captains club functions on trips I took in the mid to late 90's there were not a lot of people there.

I take this as there were not a lot of repeaters - as far as the line knew.

Repeat cruisers as a vast market share that Celebrity was going after back then. This group kept growing. And Growing......

About 2002 Celebrity may have thought - hey we have too many CC'ers now.

What do we do. Well - they give the $$ back to you.

Give you more benefits and keep trying to please.

Aside from our first cruise - I have gotten well over the small $$ I gave them.

Free priority boarding.

Worked best when they took my group of 26 on the CC line of 6 others in NYC - while there were about 300 plus regulars in the check in line.

Priority disembarcation.

Worked well when we needed to get to airport one time a bit early.

The parties.

All the free CC parties over the years.

The connections parties now.

The meet the officers party for the Elite.

The other extras....

Sitting at the Captains table. Twice now.

The casion coupons.

And just the special treatment we get when on the ship.....

The glass has always been full here.

And now they will give you a second glass free - Crown & Anchor dual benefits.

Celebrity has always gone beyond.

Remember a cruise is what you make it.

Don't let the small bad things stick to you.

Having had 11 great Celebrity cruises....

I'm looking forward to a lot more.

I totally agree with you. I have received my $35.00 worth and much more. I personally think that the benefits have been enhanced since the CC inception. Take the benefits side by side and there is no question they are enhanced. Please don't confuse enhanced with what you don't like about them. The numbers of repeat cruisers was bound to increase. When I first started on Celebrity in 1994 they only had three ships and had only been in existence for 4 years. Now there are considerable more ships and almost 15 years of people cruising. Did we expect the number to go down. That is probably why they introduced the levels within the CC. Perhaps the benefits are not the same as other cruise lines but to say they are not enhanced is just not dealing with reality.

Don (Another person looking at it from a half full context)

Archived