Petra, Valley of the Kings

When on Red sea Cruise, were doing the excursion to Petra, and the Valley of the Kings! Most of them actually... I understand from other reviews their is alot of walking! This is no problem, but would you advise i we took our walking boots.

Many Thanx

Well there is a bit of rough terrain...but walking boots will use up a fair bit of your luggage allowance...unless you wear them on the plane!! We wore trainers and were fine....its uneven more than anything....

Thats wot well do then.

Thanx

We wore trainers too and were fine. It is absolutely magical and well worth the walk.

We went a few Decembers ago and it snowed! :eek: It hadn't snowed for about 7 years apparently and took them completely by surprise (sound familiar lol). One coach slid on the ice and smashed its back window but no one was hurt, thank goodness. It had rained heavily the previous week so we were glad we had water proofs with us. We had been warned about the changeable weather so we had fleeces, sun glasses, water proofs and a couple of pillows borrowed from the ship so we could have a snooze on the way back! ;)

Enjoy your cruise - it does get cold on the Red Sea in the evening so take something warm if you want to go on deck.:)

When on Red sea Cruise, were doing the excursion to Petra, and the Valley of the Kings! Most of them actually... I understand from other reviews their is alot of walking! This is no problem, but would you advise i we took our walking boots.

Many Thanx

I took my walking shoes (actually wore them there and back to save on the weight in our suitcases) and I was glad I did. Hubby took his trainers and was fine too. We did all the excursions we could so if you need any further info just ask. Are you aware of the early starts? Luxor is a 6:30am start - so pack your pillows :)

I took my walking shoes (actually wore them there and back to save on the weight in our suitcases) and I was glad I did. Hubby took his trainers and was fine too. We did all the excursions we could so if you need any further info just ask. Are you aware of the early starts? Luxor is a 6:30am start - so pack your pillows :)

I am now, Thanx. Is their much point in going to bed. :)

I am now, Thanx. Is their much point in going to bed. :)

Not really - we did have a few power naps between trips and shows. We also got up out of bed to view the buffet about 11pm. The crews show at 11:45pm was worth getting out of bed for too!

I have been in bed at 8pm most night since I have got back home on New Years Day at 1am!

Even if you only have half the fun we had you will have a fantastic time :)

Archived