Dark View Waterfalls St Vincent and Sea Princess Excursions

jtsbusiness

Has anybody been on this excursion with Sea Princess? Could you let me know whether you enjoyed it and felt it was worth the money as we are considering booking it.

Thought the Belenaise(?) Falls were the scene of the Pirates of Penzance, but they are suggesting you will see the film set at Wallilabau. Is this as good as through Wayne's tours?:confused:

We are considering whether to do this trip, or whether it would be better to do a private trip.

Please can anybody help. :(

The movie set is definitely not at the Falls of Baleine (which I read have just re-opened recently this winter with much better access). I have been checking Wayne's website and I see he has added new pictures of the access to the falls, and it looks great, can't wait to visit again (hopefully soon).

I wish I could comment on the tour you are interested in, but we have never taken it before. We have thoroughly enjoyed lunch at the Pirate's of the Caribbean movie set many times though, if this is scheduled in the tour you are considering.

We have always gotten a roll call group together for Wayne's tour (even before it became Wayne's Tour). Our first experience was booking with a larger tour company and our tour was extended out to Wayne (he had a much smaller boat at that time, but it was many years ago).

On the tour with Capt. Wayne, he always arranges for lunch to be served at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set. It is about half way between the cruise dock and the lava bed at the tip of the island. Since we have always let him to the driving (of the boat) I can't give you any specifics on where it is actually located. But we have been taken along the coast from the cruise dock with many stops along the way.

I do know that a family we cruised with took a taxi to the Movie set and we met them there at lunch time, so it is accessible it seems without having to get on a boat. The Falls of Baleine are further down from the movie set, again, I am not sure how much further as we are always on water, and time flies when you are on the water. So, I have no idea how much time it would take or the price involved to take a taxi there.

We have heard so much about Wayne's tours and Cpt Wayne that we would love to join a group. I have tried a roll call for several months now and only one other person has joined. Would he take our name and put it towards other people, or do you have to book and get other people to join?

Really looking forward to exploring and he seems to offer the right mix.

I can give you the link to Wayne's website with the contact info. It is located here: http://sites.google.com/site/whalbich/home Unless things have changed, Wayne has never been big on email, so once you contact him about a date on email, he calls you on the phone to set up the rest.

I know in the past he has had a minimum number that must be booked for this tour (if I am not mistaken minimum is 12 passengers with a maximum of 24). You never know though, he might have a small group for your date that is looking for others to join. Worth asking! But as said, we usually have a full boat signed up before we leave from our roll calls.

No matter how many we initially have had sign up for this tour, by the time we reach St. Vincent, we have usually gotten many names on a waitlist in case of 'no shows' from others we have met onboard the ship looking for a tour.

The tour has always been enjoyable for us, and I have lost count on the number of times we have joined Cap't Wayne over the years. Good Luck!

Thank you, Toto...I've put the link into my Bookmarks and will make contact. We do not sail until Jan 2011, so we have plenty of time. :)

Just keep one thing in mind. He takes only one tour each day. And when someone reserves that day, there is no getting around it unless they allow you to join 'their' group. So, sometimes planning ahead is the key here if you really want to be on this tour. ;) Good Luck!

Archived