Cabin upgrade or shipboard credit?

NikonQueen

Hi fellow cruisers,

This is my first post and I have really appreciated all the information I have found thus far on the forum. Lots of great stuff.

My husband and I are going to pull the trigger next week and put a deposit down on a Windstar cruise for this Fall. I have cruised on a variety of ships, but it has been a while, and this will be my husband's first cruise.

We have an option of a cabin upgrade, same stateroom just a deck higher, or a $200 shipboard credit. We are undecided which will fit our needs better. Thoughts anyone? I am curious if someone can tell me the benefit of being one deck higher.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Less stairs to climb on the upper deck. That is a plus for for my husband, with bad knees. If I remember right the only price difference between the 2 decks is $100. So I would take the $200 shipboard credit and then pay the $100. for the higher deck.

Agreed...not much difference in cabins but the level and $100. Shipboard credit would be my vote. And get on the Windstar email list and watch for bigger shipboard credits. That's what we did. Saw the bigger one offered after we booked, called Windstar directly and got it! $500!

Archived