Previous Pride cruisers out of Baltimore- need info on excursions sold onboard only

megansmommy

• 2 weeks later...

Which itinerary and which excursion? I may be able to help.

Trying to plan out our upcoming cruise and I wanted some info on the excursions that are sold only onboard. Can anyone tell me what they were and approximately how much they cost? Thanks!!

In May 2009, we did the Garden of the Groves excursion in Freeport.

We hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it. What they drag out in hours,

you could see on your own in 20 minutes. Also the bus air conditioner

broke. 2 people passed out from the heat. It was extremely hot that day.

In January 2010 in Nassau we did the Breezes beach day which was really nice.

Unfortunately is was really cold that day, so we wrapped up in towels but

still laid on the beach. It was still nice, all inclusive (even alcohol). Fun day!

Unless they have changed things recently, all the excursions are shown and described on Carnival's website. The excursions sold only on board are listed, but not available for online sale.

Doc:)

"In May 2009, we did the Garden of the Groves excursion in Freeport.

We hated it. I wouldn't reccomend it. What they drag out in hours,

you could see on your own in 20 minutes. Also the bus air conditioner

broke. 2 people passed out from the heat. It was extremely hot that day."

Oh no! This is the excursion we picked. Was it really that bad? It was between this and a new excursion at the beach. May we should change it. We go in May too.

I just think we spent more time waiting for the rest of the group to catch up then we did actually seeing anything. They have these small buildings set up with things to buy(books, jewerly, all expensive stuff) and some people go in to look, so we had to keep waiting for them. If you are interested in what kind of tree has what leaf on it, etc and want to spend 3 hours doing it, this is the excursion for you. If not I would try the beach. I heard Lucayan Beach is nice. I'll probably try that next time.

(After the garden tour, they do take you to Port Lucayan Marketplace to shop. That was nice.) All in all, it was extremely hot that day....standing around alot made it even worse. You might get a tour guide that shows you more stuff and moves along quickly. We didn't have that luck!

I just think we spent more time waiting for the rest of the group to catch up then we did actually seeing anything. They have these small buildings set up with things to buy(books, jewerly, all expensive stuff) and some people go in to look, so we had to keep waiting for them. If you are interested in what kind of tree has what leaf on it, etc and want to spend 3 hours doing it, this is the excursion for you. If not I would try the beach. I heard Lucayan Beach is nice. I'll probably try that next time.

(After the garden tour, they do take you to Port Lucayan Marketplace to shop. That was nice.) All in all, it was extremely hot that day....standing around alot made it even worse. You might get a tour guide that shows you more stuff and moves along quickly. We didn't have that luck!

I have already changed our excursion to the beach one. We try to see landmarks of what any island has to offer when we cruise, but Freeport doesn't have a whole lot of that from what I can see. We can easily do the beach. Always appealing to me! We weren't 100% certain we wanted to do that anyway. Seemed a bit long to us and we were afraid of exactly what you said the excursion was like. So glad we saw your post.

Archived