Watch store on the Legend?

chadci

I've seen that some people purchase new watches on cruises? Are they pretty inexpensive? What can I find on the Legend? I would like to get myself a watch and I'm not sure if she'll want another watch or another piece of jewlery to remember our honeymoon by.

Obviously it depends on what you are buying. I bought a Citizen Ecodrive a few years back at about a 45% discount from US prices. Some watches/jewelry are discounted much less than that, just depends. But, yes you will find better deals than you would in the US

Citizen, Seiko, Tissit etc. are the ones that interest me. Nothing special or rare. Thanks!

Price check before you go so you recognize a good price if you see it. In NJ/NY, you can get Citizen & Seiko at lower prices than cruise ships, if you look for sales and have coupons -- I got a Movado at Macy's at 40% off, plus had a 10% off coupon, plus got 15% off for opening a credit card account, plus had 12 months to pay it off with no interest.

Not saying you can't get a good deal on a cruise ship - just that if you shop in advance, you'll recognize a good deal when you see it.

The best watch prices that I have found were in St. Thomas. I purchased a kinetic titanium Seiko watch years ago that I wear everyday. List $599.99 in US. If memory serves me right I paid $350 for it. Years later I purchased a Movado but I can't remember what I paid for it. By knowing prices before you cruise a good deal can be found. Don't be afraid to haggle. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Has anyone haggled on the ship?

I was just wondering if it was worthwhile to try, or just a waste of time

I tried on my first cruise. Didn't work for me, but doesn't hurt to try. They might tell you there's going to be a sale tommorrow/end or cruise or a coupon in the Capers or something . . .

Archived