Question about Friend's Certificates

Perhaps someone out there could help me. Some friends of mine and I are going on the same cruise in October on Radiance of the Seas. One of them had purchased a Next Cruise back before the policy changed where you could no longer combine Diamond Balcony discounts with Friends or Next Cruise OBC. She used her certificate when she booked and gave my other friend and me the two Friend's certificates. We all booked within 30 days of each other.

Now...C&A is telling us that, even though they will honor the Next Cruise certificate OBC for the master booking number, the Friend's certificates associated with this number had to be used prior to 2009. This is the first I have ever heard of this. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this in the past and, if so, how you dealt with it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Perhaps someone out there could help me. Some friends of mine and I are going on the same cruise in October on Radiance of the Seas. One of them had purchased a Next Cruise back before the policy changed where you could no longer combine Diamond Balcony discounts with Friends or Next Cruise OBC. She used her certificate when she booked and gave my other friend and me the two Friend's certificates. We all booked within 30 days of each other.

Now...C&A is telling us that, even though they will honor the Next Cruise certificate OBC for the master booking number, the Friend's certificates associated with this number had to be used prior to 2009. This is the first I have ever heard of this. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this in the past and, if so, how you dealt with it? Thanks in advance for your help!

Same scenario coming on my next cruise in 19 days. I get to use the Next Cruise OBC (bought in 2008) + suite discount, but my Friends Certificate OBC can't be combined with balcony/suite discount. They had to choose!

I think you need to call again and speak to another agent. If all else fails, ask to speak to a supervisor.

I know that NextCruise bookings purchased prior to 1/1/09 are still eligible for all benefits, however I'm not familiar with the Certificates for F&F. They should at least be eligible for the OBC.

Please call and then let us know the outcome.

Freddie, when I booked my April 5 2010 cruise I used an old next cruise as well to get the 200 obc and 300 balcony discount. Ta honored the Friends Certificate for $200 obc for One of my friends. The Friends Cert cant even be used till the original booking is made. Which has no experation date. Call back or question this it is not right.

That's total garbage. You have to use the friends certificates within 30 days of the NC certificate being used. There has been no policy change. Call back

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread after talking with two RCL reps about using the FF certificates. They said I had to book the cruise and then my friends have to book the same cruise and reference my Master booking ID on my NC certificate to recieve their OBC.

I called back about an hour later to speak to a different rep to verify what the first rep reported. They are infamous for not having their info correct.

Archived