Has anyone been to Aqua adventures Park? PV

sherin65

aquaadventures water park.

Can someone give me their comments good/bad about this location in PV?

My dd and her friend want to go on a dolphin swim in May on our cruise. This location seems to have the most thrilling program.

If you've been there please let me know the details of how you booked, what transportation, etc.

Thanks,

Sher

aquaadventures water park.

Can someone give me their comments good/bad about this location in PV?

My dd and her friend want to go on a dolphin swim in May on our cruise. This location seems to have the most thrilling program.

If you've been there please let me know the details of how you booked, what transportation, etc.

Thanks,

Sher

Aquaventure Park was formerly known as Sea Life Park by Dolphin Discovery. The name change must have happened just recently so you may not get immediate feedback from people because they don't recognize the new name.

If you do a forum search for "Sea Life Park" you will locate quite a few threads that cover the excursion you are looking at.

Enjoy!

We are doing the dolphin encounter in about a week at this park.

Thanks! I'll be waiting for your comments. How did you book? Is it available through the ship or on your own? What transportation will you use?

Sher

Thanks! I'll be waiting for your comments. How did you book? Is it available through the ship or on your own? What transportation will you use?

Sher

I believe you are sailing on Mariner of the Seas. I checked the Royal Caribbean web site and it appears they contract with Vallarta Adventures for their various Dolphin excursions. A dolphin excursion at Auqaventure Park (aka Sea Life Park) would have to be booked independently. Their web site is http://www.aquaventuras.com/activities/sealife-planyourday.asp

You may be able to book this excursion through a third-party tour/excursion broker such as Johann & Sandra's Puerto Vallarta Tours (advertize on this board) or Vallarta Online http://www.vallartaonline.com/tours/DolphinSwimAdventure/

There are two Dolphin centers that serve Vallarta. Both are near each other & located north of the airport just inside Nuevo Vallarta. If you book with a broker, make sure you are getting the correct dolphin center because the names used by the two companies are often the same or very similar.

People that travel to either dolphin center have reported using both the local bus service and taxis. City taxis (yellow sedans found just outside the port property) carry up to four passengers for a flat fee vs. the taxis inside the port that charge per person. The rates people reported to have paid for a taxi are not consistant nor do they say if their cost was one way, round trip, city taxi or port taxi. I believe you will pay between $12-$15 USD one way for a city taxi.

I hope freedomhoneymoon09 reports back with her experience.

As another alternative ... Cabo has a very nice dolphin program too and their dolphin center is within site of the tender dock.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
was that 15.00 per person each way? Yikees

Yellow city taxis, found just outside the port property, charge a flat fee for a taxi ride with up to four passengers. The fee is determined on a zone basis.

The federal taxis, found inside the port property, charge per person.

Archived