Connecting staterooms on Journey question

KarenMR

Has anyone ever stayed in a stateroom with the connecting door to another room? I just noticed that the stateroom for my upcoming cruise on the Journey, 7024, is a connecting one. Do you lose a lot of storage/closet space due to this? Also, has anyone noticed a noise problem/lack of privacy with that door? Any help would be appreciated - I think I have time to change my room still, if anything is available.

Karen

Has anyone ever stayed in a stateroom with the connecting door to another room? I just noticed that the stateroom for my upcoming cruise on the Journey, 7024, is a connecting one. Do you lose a lot of storage/closet space due to this? Also, has anyone noticed a noise problem/lack of privacy with that door? Any help would be appreciated - I think I have time to change my room still, if anything is available.

Karen

Hi Karen!

We did! We were in 7030. I had some concerns about noise but we were pleasantly surprised! We had absolutely NO noise coming from the room next door. We forgot about it immediately. As for storage, it did not affect it at all since the door is by the balcony door.

The only difference with a 'regular' stateroom is that we had a single chair (very comfy) instead of the mini loveseat we had in the other room. In fact, we liked that better! Two people can't really sit comfortably in the loveseat anyways, and this way we had a bit more room to walk around the stateroom.

I would book that cabin again in a second!!

Hope your experience is a good as ours!

MC

We too booked 7024 for our next cruise. I hope it's not the same one ! :)

By the way, we stayed in a "connected" cabin on the Voyager of the Seas, and our impression was exactly the same as Marie-Claude's.. Single armchair instead of a love seat.. more space to move around.. and no noise whatsoever from the neighbors..

Miriam

We inadvertantly booked a cabin with a connecting door last yr on Oceania (same type ship). It was too late to change cabins by the time I realized it and I worried about noise, etc. Well, as usual, I worried for nothing. No sound from the next cabin and we had the same loveseat as everyone else.

Archived