Is it true that the bubbly welcome is not offered now on cruises?

cacj

[quote name='mbisson']Trust me, I'm not being a smart a--. If it were me, and I thought we'd be happy on the other ship, I'd seriously consider a switch for that amount of savings.

For me, the HAL sailing would not be cheaper (but I'm sailing the week before anyhow ;))[/quote]

[COLOR=black]There you go cunfusing things with logic. There has got to be reason she is staying with NCL and not going for the supposed $500 savings.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR]

[quote name='martinchem']Next thing you know they'll pull the coffee makers out of the staterooms and we won't be able to bring our Tim Hortons with us anymore, forcing their over-cooked, strong sitting coffee on us instead.[/quote]

Yeah Timmy's

[quote name='ieatchickens']There are too many [B]NCL cheerleaders [/B]around here and I wish they would start each post with the words: READY! OKAY! Only then can I recognize the posts to avoid. :D[/QUOTE]

READY! OKAY!

As this thread drags on, I can't help but think of this dreaded "NCL cheerleaders" tag that gets thrown around all the time. This is a perfect topic that proves even some of the posters who get a accused of being "cheerleaders" will be critical of NCL when they don't agree with something.

[quote name='martinchem']Next thing you know they'll pull the coffee makers out of the staterooms and we won't be able to bring our Tim Hortons with us anymore, forcing their over-cooked, strong sitting coffee on us instead.[/quote]

[COLOR=black]..and then we will have to bring our own groceries and make reservations for kitchen time to prepare our own meals. You think they will let us make reservations for the whole week or are we going to have to get up very early every morning to stand in an hour long line to make our reservations for that day. :rolleyes:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR]

This thread has brought up some great points. I'm fine that the champagne experiment seemed to fail, but I still think too many "perks" are gone and are impacting the experience. Some good ideas for low cost perks, particularly for Latitudes member levels, are popping up here and I hope NCL listens.

Ahhh, Timmie's! I'm almost out of the last bunch my friends from Canada brought us. I'm hopeful that more might creep throughout the U.S. I just don't live close enough to OH, WA and NY!

I saved some pods from a recent hotel stay at the Crowne Plaza (Wolfgang Puck coffee) to bring along for this cruise.

[quote name='welove2cruise*']These two things were on my list of the top ten reasons that I continued to choose NCL over other lines now that my compass points rewards have all been used. Our next cruise on the Jewel will be our 24th cruise, and [B]we are also diamond members with RCL (so I do have some extras with that line to consider as well), but even though it sounds silly, these little "perks" really helped to sway my decision. [/B]

[/quote]

[COLOR=black]What exactly are the perks with RCI's Diamond level that compare to NCL. My understanding that all you get is "priority" embarkation. With the loss of "bubbly welcome" and espresso/cappuccino is not NCL on a par with what you get with RCI's Diamond level?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]Please help me to understand your statement.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR]

[quote=Planer's Edge;22618068][COLOR=black]What exactly are the perks with RCI's Diamond level that compare to NCL. My understanding that all you get is "priority" embarkation. With the loss of "bubbly welcome" and espresso/cappuccino is not NCL on a par with what you get with RCI's Diamond level?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Please help me to understand your statement.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR][/quote]

And there was a lot of anger on the RCI board when they eliminated some Diamond benefits a few months ago.

READY! OKAY!

[QUOTE=Planer's Edge;22617363]There you go cunfusing things with logic. [/QUOTE]

Sorry-I won't let it happen again

[quote name='Sooners']LOL, you got to watch out for Monte!:D[/QUOTE]

Drank too much wine last night. Lost my mind

[quote name='sjbdtz']You guys know that in the User CP on CC (where you edit your signature), there is an option to change the number of posts per page?

I have mine set to 40.... more scrolling, less re-loading of next page.

in this thread, I'm on page 7...... :)[/QUOTE]

LMAO...no, I wasn't aware of that. I am not surprised that I wasn't aware of that. Been on these boards for 5+ years and STILL didn't know that because I am not computer literate at all.
I thank you for mentioning it however and I will immediately go make the change...thank you!! :)

[QUOTE=Planer's Edge;22618068][COLOR=black]What exactly are the perks with RCI's Diamond level that compare to NCL. My understanding that all you get is "priority" embarkation. With the loss of "bubbly welcome" and espresso/cappuccino is not NCL on a par with what you get with RCI's Diamond level?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Black"]Please help me to understand your statement.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]PE[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Actually, on certain ships we get "concierge club" which is two hours of appetizers and wine every night plus an additional $100 pp discount on balcony cabins I believe.

[quote name='welove2cruise*']Actually, on certain ships we get "concierge club" which is two hours of appetizers and wine every night plus an additional $100 pp discount on balcony cabins I believe.[/quote]
[COLOR=Black]
That doesn't sound like much of a perk if it is just for "certain ships". I would guess this to mean certain sailings. NCL has similar discount offerings with certain "Latitudes" sailings.

Upper level Latitudes get an invite to the Captain's Cocktail Party, which is "only" an hour but includes [B]ALL[/B] ships.

PE[/COLOR]

[quote name='welove2cruise*']Actually, on certain ships we get "concierge club" which is two hours of appetizers and wine every night plus an additional $100 pp discount on balcony cabins I believe.[/quote]
This is VIP service and its not longer a latitude perk.

[quote name='smeyer418']This is VIP service and its not longer a latitude perk.[/QUOTE]

Unless it has changed in the past month or so, it was still available on certain class ships (I think the Voyager and Radiance class). We used to get two hours of appetizers and an open bar. I think the cutback was to just include wine now.. although I haven't been on an RCL ship since our Med cruise in 2006 (which included the full bar) I had heard that it was still available for Diamond members with just wine now offered. If someone on a recent RCL cruise can verify that would be great..

[quote name='welove2cruise*']Unless it has changed in the past month or so, it was still available on certain class ships (I think the Voyager and Radiance class). We used to get two hours of appetizers and an open bar. I think the cutback was to just include wine now.. although I haven't been on an RCL ship since our Med cruise in 2006 (which included the full bar) I had heard that it was still available for Diamond members with just wine now offered. If someone on a recent RCL cruise can verify that would be great..[/quote]

opps this was an NCL answer not an RC one

I WISH we could get a real official message from NCL on this one. I would hate to see it end, as it just put me in the cruising spirit right from the beginning, all my troubles melted away and my pocket book opened as I headed to the champagne bar for glass number 2
mew1

[quote name='mew1']I WISH we could get a real official message from NCL on this one.
[/quote]

I would like a definitive , official message on all the new "cutbacks" being discussed..over the last 2 weeks..

1. bubbly
2. expresso and cappucino
3. coffee makers

and any others they are planning..

I know NCL has posted here on previous items.....
NCL...PLEASE let us know status of changes..

[quote name='jaja']I would like a definitive , official message on all the new "cutbacks" being discussed..over the last 2 weeks..

1. bubbly
2. expresso and cappucino
3. coffee makers

and any others they are planning..

I know NCL has posted here on previous items.....
NCL...PLEASE let us know status of changes..[/quote]

[COLOR=black]Don't hold your breath. This is not a big deal and clearly something that marketing and the leadership do not want to publicize.[/COLOR]

[quote name='time2cruise1'][COLOR=black]Don't hold your breath. This is not a big deal and clearly something that marketing and the leadership do not want to publicize.[/COLOR][/quote]

Customer Service/Communication is a "big deal" to me...and I would think the NCL leadership would like us all to stop speculating on these threads and kindly inform us of any and all changes.

[QUOTE]Don't hold your breath. This is not a big deal and clearly something that marketing and the leadership do not want to publicize. [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately in the Internet age that strategy doesn't work to well as the threads on this board demonstrate.

Archived