Hotel Questions??

emt9898

There is a group of about 18 of us that are going on the October 16th cruise. We will be celebrating my wedding that is 10-10-10!! A few of us are thinking of going to Ft.Lauderdale on Thrusday or Friday. I was wondering if anyone can give me some good suggestions on a hotel to stay at.

I am looking for a place that will provide transportation from airport to hotel and from hotel to the pier. Also would be great if the hotel was with in walking distance of some stuff to do and the ocean. Again there might be several of us going at the same time. I know for sure that there will be 6 of us going early.

If anyone can help me out i would appreciate it!!!

Thank-You

There is a group of about 18 of us that are going on the October 16th cruise. We will be celebrating my wedding that is 10-10-10!! A few of us are thinking of going to Ft.Lauderdale on Thrusday or Friday. I was wondering if anyone can give me some good suggestions on a hotel to stay at.

I am looking for a place that will provide transportation from airport to hotel and from hotel to the pier. Also would be great if the hotel was with in walking distance of some stuff to do and the ocean. Again there might be several of us going at the same time. I know for sure that there will be 6 of us going early.

Thank-You

Check out the Courtyard by Marriott Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Free shuttle from airport and to port. Breakfast is not included but is only $9.95 for the buffet. We are going on Oasis Nov. 20/10 and we got a AAA rate of $94/104 with tax. Check it out on Trip Advisor. Nice. There is a restaurant within walking distance. We are food network watchers, expecially Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. He did a show on a diner in Ft. Lauderdale named "Grampa's". A small diner with great food. Local joint which are usually the best. It is not far from this hotel. We are going to give it a try and I understand that if the shuttle at the hotel isn't busy they make take you there. If not it is a short cab ride ride 3 miles away. If you have any fishing fans the National Federation Fishing Museum is next door to the hotel. From what I understand it is a must see for the fishing lovers. Hope all this helps.

Thank-You

Only hotel I know NOT to valet park you car at in Ft. Lauderdale is the Hilton. We were on the Freedom in 2008 with a couple whose luggage was stolen from their vehicle at the Hilton when they valet parked it. They had to go to Walmart on a last minute shopping trip before they boarded the ship :(

Only hotel I know NOT to valet park you car at in Ft. Lauderdale is the Hilton. We were on the Freedom in 2008 with a couple whose luggage was stolen from their vehicle at the Hilton when they valet parked it. They had to go to Walmart on a last minute shopping trip before they boarded the ship :(

I'm not sure this is really a good sample size. You know of A couple who had their car broken into? Do you know how many cars are robbed in Ft. Lauderdale.

Also, I would hope wherever someone leaves their car, they would take the precaution of not leaving their luggage that is critical to the upcoming travels in the car overniight!:eek:

I'm not sure this is really a good sample size. You know of A couple who had their car broken into? Do you know how many cars are robbed in Ft. Lauderdale.

Also, I would hope wherever someone leaves their car, they would take the precaution of not leaving their luggage that is critical to the upcoming travels in the car overniight!:eek:

Wasn't taking a freakin survey, just relayed what I knew - cheese and crackers, they were on their honeymoon and didn't think the valet parkers would steal their cr*p and it WAS in the trunk. DAAAAANNNNNNGGGGGG, I didn't get a police report from them.

We are staying at the Ramada Inn Airport Inn the night before our 4/3/10 Oasis cruise. It is a mile and half from the airport and about a mile and half to the pier. Also has free shuttle pick from airport and free shuttle to the pier. Also has free buffet breakfast and pool. Rates are reasonable, about $140 for the night.

We are on the Oct 9 cruise with you..congrats on your upcoming marriage.

Come visit the roll call :)

You can book the Hyatt Place that does have transportation from the airport and to the pier. CLoseby restaurants and little stores for last minute items.

It serves comp breakfast.

You can get it on http://www.valuetrips.com for your time frame for $89 per night and you are able to cancel if need be.

This hotel used to be the Amerisuites but was renovated a couple of years ago and renamed Hyatt Place

See you in 10 months :)

Archived