Huatulco

loosygoosy

What to do in Huatulco??? Heading EB Panama Canal March 28th on Constellation. Can't find much on these boards about activities for this area. Does anyone have any ideas? I think we may want to find a really nice beach not too far from the ship. Welcome to all suggestions.

What to do in Huatulco??? Heading EB Panama Canal March 28th on Constellation. Can't find much on these boards about activities for this area. Does anyone have any ideas? I think we may want to find a really nice beach not too far from the ship. Welcome to all suggestions.

Hello loosygoosy,

Huatulco is a really nice port. My wife and I were there 13 months ago and really liked it. As for a beach close to the ship, there is one right next to the dock. If you send me an e-mail I will send you a few pictures of Huatulco. jagoodbar@cox.net

Jon

There is a beach right where you will dock. We didn't go there, but it looked nice. The area is known for its bays. There will be a number of tours available at the pier or you can walk around or take a taxi.

We did a tour with a driver that was recommended on trip advisor named Marcos Lopez. His contact info is huatulco.tours@yahoo.com Highly recommend his services! He really went out of his way to make sure we had a great day and very willing to do whatever we wanted.

This is the latest area to be developed by the government and will eventually be built up like Cancun, Acapulco and Cabo. Enjoy it now for what it is...a beautiful area!

We were there a year ago last October.

Took a golf cart ride from the ship to the new pier market....on the left of the pier there is a wonderful beach....also the market area has a great on-the-beach restaurant and some good shops.

We didn't even leave the pier compound.

But folks we talked to on the ship who did said they had a great time on the beaches visited by the shorex and even local cabs.There were also some great restaurants and shops to explore.

We recently returned from an Azamara Panama Canal cruise (Dec. 18-Jan. 3).

Of all the ports, Huatulco was our favorite--low key, natural beauty, not at all touristy--yet. We arranged to have Marcos Lopez (huatulco.tours@yahoo.com)

take us around and he was fantastic. Via e-mail we arranged what we wanted to do and see. He speaks wonderful English, having lived in the U.S. for four years, and has a great sense of humor; touring with him was not only informative, but fun as well. I had indicated in one of my e-mails that the day we would be in Huatulco was my birthday. He had a mylar birthday balloon and sign for me--very lovely gesture. We recommend him whole-heartedly for a great day in Huatulco.

We were there last week and we did float trip on river. saw a snake in the process of squeezing an iguana to death. not sure if it was a python or boa but it was within touching distance from raft ! Hautulco is one of the cleanest port and we really enjoyed it.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a Panama Canal cruise, and Huatulco was our favorite port. It is beautiful and unspoiled, but what really made the day special was the wonderful time we spent with Marcos Lopez, our tour guide. We took his "Magic Towns" tour, and he also added in some wonderful surprises. He is a delightful person and did everything he could to make our day enjoyable. I highly recommend him. His email address is huatulco.tours@yahoo.com.

Archived