Question about current menus for dinner in MDR

rikatine

Sailed on the Dawn in September and they were trying out a "new" fixed menu that if successful would be adopted fleet wide. It had the same menu in both MDRs with daily specials. Since I just booked a cruise on the Pearl in October, I was curious if the "new" menu had been adopted or if NCL decided to stick with different menus in each MDR.

I don't know if they are doing the fixed menu now or not but both main dining rooms have always had the same menus per day.

Except for the early versions of the experimental menu on the Dawn, when two MDRs had different menus. On later versions they went back to having the same menu in both MDRs.

I don't know if they are doing the fixed menu now or not but both main dining rooms have always had the same menus per day.

Except for the early versions of the experimental menu on the Dawn, when two MDRs had different menus. On later versions they went back to having the same menu in both MDRs.

We were on the Dawn when the two MDR's had different menus. I had prime rib twice and loved it!

Since the Dawn was my first cruise on NCL I don't have any experience with the "old" menus. I thought I read that it was a different menu every day where on the Dawn it was a fixed menu with a list of specials that changed each day. At our CC meeting they seemed pretty certain that the new program would move to all the NCL ships. I real liked the menu in the MDRs on the Dawn and am wondering if it will be on the Pearl when I cruise in Oct.

Since the Dawn was my first cruise on NCL I don't have any experience with the "old" menus. I thought I read that it was a different menu every day where on the Dawn it was a fixed menu with a list of specials that changed each day. At our CC meeting they seemed pretty certain that the new program would move to all the NCL ships. I real liked the menu in the MDRs on the Dawn and am wondering if it will be on the Pearl when I cruise in Oct.

No one knows exactly what menus may be rolled out to the rest of the fleet or when. The experimental menus on the Dawn were changed several times and for all anyone knows they may change again before being adopted fleetwide...assuming they are adopted.

There are many items that are the same every night in the MDR.

From I remember it is like a steak, a chicken breast and salmon plus shrimp cocktail, baked potato, fries and a few others things are always on the the menu each night. I guess you would say anything else is a daily special for that night since it is unlikely it would be offered again on that cruise. Every once in a blue moon I remember something not being offered on the menu and was a chef special for that night. And no harm in asked for things not on the menu either.

Archived