Insurance Question

I originally purchased insurance for our spring cruise vacation after initial deposit. I purchased this on insuremytrip web site for $173.00 for $2400 cruise coverage. Since then I purchased our airline tickets and now our total cruise cost is $3019.00.

The only problem is when I update our insurance for the current cost of trip, the insurance price goes up to $232.00. If our trip cost had gone up to $3001.00 the insurance would have stayed the same.

I contacted insuremytrip to increase cost of trip to $3000.00. My question is does the insurance have to cover the entire trip cost?

I hate to pay out another $58.00 for insurance to cover less than twenty dollar increase in coverage.

If your policy includes pre existing conditions, yes you need to include ALL the cruise and nonrefundable air. They will not cover the trip cancelation or interuption if you didn't cover the full cost. Makes sense.

Yes, there are cut offs for pricing. So you got unlucky on that amount. Nothing you can do about it.

I originally purchased insurance for our spring cruise vacation after initial deposit. I purchased this on insuremytrip web site for $173.00 for $2400 cruise coverage. Since then I purchased our airline tickets and now our total cruise cost is $3019.00.

The only problem is when I update our insurance for the current cost of trip, the insurance price goes up to $232.00. If our trip cost had gone up to $3001.00 the insurance would have stayed the same.

I contacted insuremytrip to increase cost of trip to $3000.00. My question is does the insurance have to cover the entire trip cost?

I hate to pay out another $58.00 for insurance to cover less than twenty dollar increase in coverage.

Seems like a lot to pay for just the air portion so just insure your cruise. If you do not take the flight you can always rebook for approximately ($50-100)depending on the airline. It is perfectly acceptable to just insure your cruise. Remember many people do not fly to their cruise port.

Divide your trip into two parts. Plane and non-refundable hotels and tours. Then keep the insurance on the cruise. See if that makes a difference. I also thought that you could "state" the amount you are insuring for -- I have just estimated in the past and did not have the actual "deal" or cost to the dollar.

Archived