Houston Airports to Port of Galveston

rapvm16932

Traveling on the Elation Feb 27. What is my best course of action: buy Carnivals air/port transfer program or is there a better option? Finding and buying the air is no problem but I have had trouble finding reliable Houston airport to Galveston seaport transportation roundtrip information. Any suggestions??? :confused:

Carnival Celebration – Sep 87 – Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Jubilee – Sep 88 – Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Tropical – Aug 90 – Mexican Riviera

Carnival Jubilee – Aug 92 – Mexican Riviera

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas – Feb 99 – Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Sensation – Sep 99 – Western Caribbean

Carnival Elation – Dec 99 – Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory – Apr 01 – Western Caribbean

Carnival Inspiration – Nov 02 – Mexican Riviera

RCCL Vision of the Sea – Apr 04 – Mexican Riviera

Carnival Victory – Sep 04 – New England/Canada

RCCL Grandeur of the Seas – Dec 04 – Western Caribbean

We're back from the Christmas Elation cruise. My son flew into Hobby airport (much closer to Galveston) and called Galveston Limo on his own before the cruise to book his shuttle back to the airport. Sorry I don't have their website anymore. (You may have to surf around a bit, but it's there!)

Our cruise was several hours late returning due to weather and Galveston Limo was still right there and got him to Hobby in time for his flight. Other folks going out of George Bush airports had trouble making their flights because the airport is farther away from Galveston.

Have a great cruise and try Pancho's Backyard at the pier in Cozumel for relaxing margaritas right up until it's time to get back on board!

Just an FYI...

IF you book your own flight....

Geo.Bush Internat'l is min. 1 hour out...depending on traffic/ arrival/departing times.

Hobby IS closer....but still count on 30 mins + depending on traffic.

I live here, so I jump in the truck, throw in the bags and head home {15 mins NO. of Bush}.

I recommend the transfer...it's cheaper than a cab....you MAY have to wait til that bus is full hun, but the transfer would be my guess for you.

Have a blast!!!

I am booked with Galveston Limo also for my cruise on the Ecstasy on January 20. I made the reservation on their website and received a confirmation e-mail the next morning. They are $30.00 one way from Hobby and $50.00 round trip. The Carnival shuttle is $33.00 each way, with no round trip option.

Also, if you are coming in a few hours early, Galveston Limo has an early shuttle to Galveston, whereas the Carnival bus doesn't start until 11:30. This will give you a few hours in Galveston to visit the Strand or take a trolley ride.

http://www.galvestonlimo.com

From Hobby, it probably takes about an hour to get to Galveston. However, not all airlines fly to Hobby - in many cases, just the lower cost airlines, like Southwest. All the airlines seem to fly into Houston Intercontinental, but that airport is 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Galveston, depending on downtown traffic through Houston.

You'd probably be best with Galveston Limo or doing a Carnival transfer - out of either airport. I wouldn't recommend a taxi since the price will be outrageous - it's probably a good 30 miles to Galveston from Hobby and maybe 60 from Intercontinental.

I've heard of several people actually coming in the day before and renting a car from Houston and returning it to Galveston. On the return trip they can either do the same thing or actually take the charter or a limo back.

We are cruising out of Galveston in March and are flying into Houston Intercontinental. There are 6 of us, so we rented a minivan from Enterprise. It's way too expensive for all of us with the limo service. It cost us under $150.00.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived