Suite snacks-Jewel..Terry-Doug?

WinnieinWA

The following is from Terry about the Suite Snacks on another thread about NO MORE WELCOME BUBBLY.

For us, one of the perks we liked the most in booking a suite was the "daily snack" selection that you got to choose from. Now it is gone. For those that do not remember it was a little card you filled out either for the whole week or per day and it gave you a selection of snacks. Nothing major, mind you, just things like pretzels, chips, cookies, dried fruit and nuts, etc etc.

OMG! Terry, please tell me this isn't true!!!!! :eek: I book a suite for the butler, Cagneys and the snacks at 5ish! In May on the Sun we still got snacks but they were sweets one night and savory the next. We don't eat sweets so we gave them to the newlywed neighbors next to us. I loved having the little card to make choices from! So, do you get any snacks at 5ish? Holey crap! Next thing is they will be taking away the Cagney's for bkfst. and lunch for suites perk!:cool:

I can do without the cheap champers but the 5ish snacks is pushing it!!!:rolleyes:

I was on the Jewel Dec 13-20. Our butler seemed to constantly bring us finger sandwiches, hors d'oevres, cookies, chocolates, dipped fruit, etc. Probably could have subsisted well on these surprises alone.

We had the snacks on Pearl in September but not like on Sky AA 9/08 where you could order what you wanted. I thought it was just the difference between AA and AD but maybe all the snacks have either gone to what they want to bring that day or NOTHING? Am waiting for more info also.

I had the OS in July 08 and there was a menu to order from. In May 09 in a Penthouse we had treats each day but not a menu. They alternated sweet and savory. We'd have loved to have had savory each night and gave the sweets to the newleywed couple next to us. So, perhaps that's the difference between OS and Penthouse. I'll ask the butler about it this week. Leaving on the Jewel on Sunday. Thanks! Seems like NCL is changing the perks on a daily basis!

Sad to say but we were told on the Dawn in November that the snack menu was gone. We still got the alternating sweet and savory snacks that we had always gotten in the afternoon/evening, but the little menu ones were no more. When we were told that I made a comment on how much Doug would miss his pretzels and low and behold every day the Butler made a point to stop by a bar and bring Doug fresh baked pretzels. He was a great Butler and earned every penny of his tip.

We were on the Gem for the 12/26-1/2 cruise last week and had an AE. Lovely stern view, big comfy bed, but the amenities weren't really there.

No pillow menu--when I asked for this, the room steward didn't know what I was talking about, and neither did our butler. However, she brought us four of the memory foam pillows because they were her favorite. I LOVED them, so that was lucky.

No snack menu--random tidbits appeared on random nights. Canapes twice, cheese once, chocolates twice, chocolate covered berries once. No sense of timing with this.

No offer to provide room service beyond what was in the menu book or on the suite breakfast card. She did bring breakfast once and did a very nice setup...but subsequent room service was more drop and run.

I don't want to sound whiny--we loved the cruise and had a marvelous time, and our butler was very sweet...I just suspect she was new to the role. We had bubbly on embarkation, and there was a chilled bottle waiting in the room, along with flowers...which were dying by day 2! She brought fruit on day 2...berries and kiwi were rotten...we were afraid to try the rest.

Cagneys was a wonderful perk, but we only made it for breakfast once. Hubby ate one lunch steak and wasn't thrilled, but on the night we did Cagneys for dinner, his steak was outstanding.

This is really disheartening. We loved the cheese plate and the fresh, warm pretzels.

I will have to send son in law to get treats for happy hour now! He'll have to get this from the buffet I guess. :rolleyes: So why am I paying 2 grand per person? A 2 dollar plate of cheese.

I AM whining! :( They have removed most of the Freestyle 2.0 amenities now and done away with some suite perks that I really loved. I can hardly wait to see what they take away next. Carnival is looking better and better I'm sorry to say!:(

I leave tomorrow for my Jewel cruise and I'll try my best to take notes and do an informal review of my experience. I'm only getting off the ship on one port as I cruise mainly for the ship.

We will be looking forward to your observations on the Jewel cruise. we are booked in the Courtyard villa on the april repo. Our last trip on the gem was awesome with snacks and goodies, fruit and flowers. Things have certainly changed since then. Don't forget to update us on your return, please.

We will be looking forward to your observations on the Jewel cruise. we are booked in the Courtyard villa on the april repo. Our last trip on the gem was awesome with snacks and goodies, fruit and flowers. Things have certainly changed since then. Don't forget to update us on your return, please.

Will do Eileen as I always love reading about recent cruisers experience on my next cruise. We are very happy go lucky people and I KNOW we will have a fabulous time. We are on a Penthouse suite with a childrens room. I thought that would work for us so I can get the kids room and I have my own bathroom for my night time travels. ;)

When we cruised in June on the Dawn, we found out that it's not the daily snacks that are gone. It was the menu card where you get to select them. Our butler still brought snacks every day. And, if we wanted something more all we did was ask. No biggie.

When we asked if we could have the dried fruit and nuts or other snacks that had been on the snack menu we were told that the ship no longer stocked them since they had done away with that perk. This was November though, so maybe they still had them when you cruised in June but were out of everything by the time November got here..

Archived