RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara web - Free onboard Azamara?

Jade13

We have a Celebrity cruise booked for April and the final payment date is approx the date we disembark our Azamara cruise in Singapore.

I had a couple of questions.

1. Are both the Azamara and Celebrity web sites free to access onboard the ship? What about from your personal computer? The company web sites are free on both HAL and SilverSea as I recall.

2. Would I be able to go to Guest Relations onboard Azamara and make final payment for a Celebrity cruise if I wanted to do so on the last or second to last day of the cruise? We will be away for a total of about 3 weeks.

3. If I pay prior to leaving the US (3 weeks prior to the due date), and find out the stateroom price has decreased (it is a Caribbean cruise so there is a chance), will Guest Relations on Azamara be able to arrange a refund while I am onboard Azamara in Asia?

Note, this is also the same question about paying in full prior to final payment and whether you can receive a credit card refund if there is a change prior to the official final payment date? I understand after the official final payment date RCCL/Azamara/Celebrity are issuing OBC, but by that time I will be back in the US, so question is specifically about payment up until official final payment due date.

Thanks.

Hi Jade !

The answers to questions 2 and 3 are probably yes.... Normally, I'd say it was definitely yes... but as Azamara seems to want to distance themselves from Celebrity, I can't be certain. However, If it were me ? I'd never take the chance. Why not make final payment before you leave home. If the price goes down, ask the future cruise consultant (or your TA) to get you the price drop, if any.

Is it that you arent sure if you want to make final payment ? If you are committed to taking the Celebrity Cruise, I wouldn't want to take the chance of things going haywire, while onboard Azamara. It could wind up costing you valuable time, on your incredible itinerary. I wouldn't want to deal with that. Just my .02 cents.

If you feel you want to do it your way, I'd check with both Azamara and Celebrity, before you leave home.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Access to the websites can be iffy, too. We were just on the Journey Transatlantic, and I tried to access the Azamara site every day for over a week with no success. This was around December 8, when they were changing things, so that may have had an effect. I could get to the Celebrity and RCCL sites, but not Azamara.

Lisa

To answer, we are taking the cruise. Airfare is non refundable. We are planning on transferring one booking to a TA once they confirm they can still pre-pay the gratuities. The other is DD and friend in an inside and I believe too cheap for TA to offer any amenity so planning on paying direct. It's an Inside and I feel likely to go down in price, so I want to have control of the booking. I will email Azamara for written confirmation that if I pay in advance I can work with the Celebrity booking onboard Azamara.

Access to the websites can be iffy, too. We were just on the Journey Transatlantic, and I tried to access the Azamara site every day for over a week with no success. This was around December 8, when they were changing things, so that may have had an effect. I could get to the Celebrity and RCCL sites, but not Azamara.

Lisa

The Celebrity site is the one I would need to check for cruise fare reductions.

Archived