Gem A4 courtyard

pixiedustdawn

I am getting conflicting information on this cabin from shore side.

Does anyone know if this cabin has one or two bedrooms/bathrooms? If only one bedroom, where does the third person sleep?

I couldn't find any photos of this cabin, can anyone help me?

Curious to know what the bathroom looks like also.

Thanks

Dawn

The A4 has one bedroom with queen bed, one large master bathroom (dual sinks, separate tub and shower, etc), and a separate living room/dining area with a single convertible sofa. The A3 has the extra bedroom and bathroom (making a total of 2 each). Both are called "courtyard villas" so it's sometimes confusing.

The A4 has one bedroom with queen bed, one large master bathroom (dual sinks, separate tub and shower, etc), and a separate living room/dining area with a single convertible sofa. The A3 has the extra bedroom and bathroom (making a total of 2 each). Both are called "courtyard villas" so it's sometimes confusing.

Thanks. It is confusing considering when you look at the layout for it online, it even shows a separate bedroom and bath from the main one.

http://www.nclcruiseweb.com/cruise-ships/norwegian-gem/suites

Thanks. It is confusing considering when you look at the layout for it online, it even shows a separate bedroom and bath from the main one.

http://www.nclcruiseweb.com/cruise-ships/norwegian-gem/suites

The A3 has the two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The A4 is almost identical but without the second small bedroom and bathroom. Same master bath/bedroom as the A3, same living/dining room, and a little smaller balcony.

I am getting conflicting information on this cabin from shore side.

Does anyone know if this cabin has one or two bedrooms/bathrooms? If only one bedroom, where does the third person sleep?

I couldn't find any photos of this cabin, can anyone help me?

Curious to know what the bathroom looks like also.

Thanks

Dawn

Dawn,

I was looking for the same information and tried to find photos of the A4 but wasn't very successful. Although I was pretty sure, I'm glad you asked...I couldn't remember if it was 1 bath or 1.5 baths.

Thanks!

The A3 has the two bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The A4 is almost identical but without the second small bedroom and bathroom. Same master bath/bedroom as the A3, same living/dining room, and a little smaller balcony.

Thank you, strange how there are no photos for the actual A4's.

I am booked for February and wanted to take a friend along, which will make it three. I wasn't sure if they had enough beds for three.

Dawn,

I was looking for the same information and tried to find photos of the A4 but wasn't very successful. Although I was pretty sure, I'm glad you asked...I couldn't remember if it was 1 bath or 1.5 baths.

Thanks!

I have searched eveywhere and no one has posted any photos on this Category. Quite strange.

I will bring my camera with me and take some. (then I just have to figure out how to post them) lol

Dawn

I was going to post some from the A4 on the Pearl, but these seem to be exactly the same.

BTW-there are some shots from the living room area in my webshots folder (link in my sig) just in case you're interested

There are lots of photos out there. Sometimes you have to search under PENTHOUSE as AB, A3, A4 are too short for most search engines.

These three cabins are almost identical on all the Jewel class ships, with one exception.

The AB and A3 have the extra mini bedroom with full bath. The A4 does not. The rest of the layout is the same. The very same.

I did look at the link provided earlier and it did show the A3 and A4 with the bedroom. Wake up NCL.

I just can't believe how NCL can not give the correct info. This is why people who are not active Cruise critics have so many complaints.

It is shame.

I can't believe a NCL supervisor is so adamant about the A4 having a second bathroom upon walking into the cabin. I keep explaining I would like to take a third person, but I do not want to use the same bathroom. He claims we won't because it definitely has the second bathroom. He says he knows this for sure! :eek:

Do these people ever get to cruise or at least see the ships, whether in person or in a NCL training course?

Thank goodness we all have each other on here for the great advice!

Also, thanks garycarla, I will try and search penthouses instead of A4.

Thanks for the photos time2cruise1!

Thanks mbisson those photos are the only ones I saw on webshots.

Dawn

Thank you, strange how there are no photos for the actual A4's.

I am booked for February and wanted to take a friend along, which will make it three. I wasn't sure if they had enough beds for three.

If the tiny living room "sofa" has been replaced with a sofa bed, then that's where a third person would sleep. If not, the A4s do not accomodate a third passenger--regardless of what the deck plan icons show. Without a sofa bed, there is no bed other than the very oversize queen in the bedroom (or maybe it's a king; I can't recall, only remember that there was a sea of bed between my side and my DH's, and we sleep in a queen bed at home). They were not allowing three passengers in an A4 when we cruised in the villa. If you have a third person, they will have to use the master bathroom. It's huge and wonderful, but separated from the bedroom only by heavy drapes. (The bedroom and bathroom are separated from the living room by a sliding door.)

I don't think the A4 would be particularly comfortable for three though. If the third goes to bed, the only place for the other two to be is the bedroom or bathroom.

beachchick

Thanks, and I will say it again, you are a wealth of knowledge on these boards!!!!! :D

VERY true. I'd consider myself pretty well-versed, but it DOES take a lot of work/research to understand it all. Thank goodness for this site and the folks on it. And I suppose it's true, that people that rely only on what the cruise lines tell them really do get surprises that we don't because of Cruise Critic information [attained in advance!].

That's great to have the real floorplan. Seems like the information would be the same regardless of country, you know. You guys are the best. I think I want to book this one...I just hope we won't feel cramped with 3 people in it. Thanks again!

VERY true. I'd consider myself pretty well-versed, but it DOES take a lot of work/research to understand it all. Thank goodness for this site and the folks on it. And I suppose it's true, that people that rely only on what the cruise lines tell them really do get surprises that we don't because of Cruise Critic information [attained in advance!].

That's great to have the real floorplan. Seems like the information would be the same regardless of country, you know. You guys are the best. I think I want to book this one...I just hope we won't feel cramped with 3 people in it. Thanks again!

When are you sailing? The other A4 on my 2/13 cruise on the Gem is still available. Come join us, I'll meet you in the Courtyard and we can take photos!! :p

• 3 weeks later...

That depends on your girth.

• 5 months later...
If the tiny living room "sofa" has been replaced with a sofa bed, then that's where a third person would sleep. If not, the A4s do not accomodate a third passenger--regardless of what the deck plan icons show. Without a sofa bed, there is no bed other than the very oversize queen in the bedroom (or maybe it's a king; I can't recall, only remember that there was a sea of bed between my side and my DH's, and we sleep in a queen bed at home). They were not allowing three passengers in an A4 when we cruised in the villa. If you have a third person, they will have to use the master bathroom. It's huge and wonderful, but separated from the bedroom only by heavy drapes. (The bedroom and bathroom are separated from the living room by a sliding door.)

I don't think the A4 would be particularly comfortable for three though. If the third goes to bed, the only place for the other two to be is the bedroom or bathroom.

beachchick

Does the bed split up? Where would the second person sleep if it does not?

The big bed or the couch. The wonderful, comfy, cozy bed does not split up.

Do you know if it is a king size bed? I am going with my sister.. so I could let her sleep in bed.. if it is King.. anything other than that.. too close:)

Do you know if it is a king size bed? I am going with my sister.. so I could let her sleep in bed.. if it is King.. anything other than that.. too close:)
It's huge! I just went to the NCL site, and it says the beds are queens. It sure seemed bigger than our queen at home.

It was huge to us. We have a queen at home and have slept in kings many times. The bed in our A4 had so much space between the sides that we could have built a divider down the middle and still each had plenty of space to sleep. Let me put it this way: I'd share that bed with my sister without concern about having enough room or separate space. There are even directional reading lights on each side so that one person could read in bed and the other would be able to sleep without being disturbed. Believe me, my DH and I know about this because often one or the other of us wants to read for a while and the other wants to go to sleep. I'm not particularly bugged by it, but my DH absolutely cannot get to sleep with the light on. In the A4 bedroom, he slept like a log or a rock (not that inanimate objects actually sleep...but I digress) even when I read for a while. Also, if you and your sister are paying equal fares, it's only fair to share the master bed. No sofa bed could possibly be as comfortable--no way, no how--and the sofa is in the living room, which isn't dark and private like the bedroom is.

beachchick

LARGERJEWEL-A4.gif

I found this pix on cruise deck plans dot com. Having never been on the Gem, I can't say for certain that this is the floorplan.......:o Just wanted to try to help!!! Looks similar to the other pix posted except for the decor!

Archived